AdMob?

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

azge

AdMob?

Post by azge »

Hello!
Is it possible to add AdMob to the Zge app for Android?
How?

Thank you!
fracteed

Post by fracteed »

There is no builtin support, but potentially you could write an addon for it. I know that someone has written Admob support for the open source Godot engine so that is another alternative if you want to use an open source engine.

If you wanted to use ads in your ZGE game you could try a wrapper like Appwrapper, which theoretically can wrap any signed apk.

http://appwrapper.org/

I haven't tried it myself , but did consider it until I realised that you need at least 50-100 thousand active users to make even a small amount of money! I would rather just have people play my games at this stage, which is a hard enough task as is, without annoying them with ads :)
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Alternatively, I could also have look at creating a wrapper for Google API for Android which could access Google Play services... but its API is purely in Java, so implementation would not be very simple and could take some time. I'm not sure whether it is worth of effort... similarly to the same work done for OUYA.

I would recommend, as also fracteed did, some APK wrapper. There are several available... I have not tried any, so it should be tested with ZGE applications...
azge

Post by azge »

Thank you very much!
jinxtengu

Re: AdMob?

Post by jinxtengu »

It's really not worth it. I wasted alot of time trying to break into the phone app business. You can make money, yes, if you don't mind stooping to the lowest possible level. Almost all the profitable phone games are gambling merely dressed up as games, that's what all in app purchases really amount to.
They need to have psychology behind them to work. Simple pop up ads, or video ads like the ones used in ad mob or chartboost really aren't that profitable since you get paid only for each install, that is for every person who clicks the add and then installs the app advertised. Seriously, save your time and sanity. You'd probably make more money blowing truckers, and feel better about yourself for it.