More resources to learn zge (and openGL)?

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Woowoo

More resources to learn zge (and openGL)?

Post by Woowoo »

I read all the tutorials on the main site, and messed with the demo projects, but i'm still struggling. Does anyone have any good resources for zge, and how did you personally learn to use it?
Something else I should mention is that I don't have experence with openGL (let alone glsl), so some tips there would also be appreciated. :)
Kjell

Re: More resources to learn zge (and openGL)?

Post by Kjell »

Hi Woowoo,
Woowoo wrote:I read all the tutorials on the main site, and messed with the demo projects, but i'm still struggling.
Can you explain what you're struggling with and also what you're trying to create?
Woowoo wrote:Does anyone have any good resources for zge, and how did you personally learn to use it?
Resources are a bit scarce ... but there's the built-in Help ( F1 ) and there are a couple of video tutorials. Personally i learned by "poking-around" while having the written documentation present ... and asking for help on the forum when i got stuck :wink:

K
Woowoo

Re: More resources to learn zge (and openGL)?

Post by Woowoo »

Kjell wrote:Can you explain what you're struggling with and also what you're trying to create?
I don't have specific ideas for anything to create, I originally found zge because FLstudio used it to create ZgeViz, and when I first saw it, it seemed like an easier way to make 3D games. I've used Gamemaker Studio before, but It doesn't have great 3D support, and I just never liked Unity.

Anyways, thanks for linking the videos, and I completely forgot about the built in help :shock: