Compiling for mac and Linux

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

jinxtengu

Compiling for mac and Linux

Post by jinxtengu »

Hi, I am trying to compile a game in zgame editor so that it will run on a Mac, im using windows. When I try to compile the game I get an error message, saying it doesn’t have the required files. I know this is probably already in another thread but can someone please point me in the direction of the needed resource files (for linux too if possible) and explain in a nut shell how to configure them. That would be much appreciated.
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: Compiling for mac and Linux

Post by VilleK »

Hi, even though ZGE also supports Mac, Linux and Android targets, it is currently only the Window target that is up to date. The reason for this is that I don't have current Freepascal installations that allow me to build ZGE for those platforms (and it is quite time consuming to set this up, unfortunately). If you have any experience with Pascal and compilers then you can try yourself using the ZGE sources on Github.
Ats

Post by Ats »

I wrote a tutorial for the linux compilation some years ago, you'll find useful information here:
viewtopic.php?p=6673#p6673
jinxtengu

Post by jinxtengu »

VilleK wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:22 pm Hi, even though ZGE also supports Mac, Linux and Android targets, it is currently only the Window target that is up to date. The reason for this is that I don't have current Freepascal installations that allow me to build ZGE for those platforms (and it is quite time consuming to set this up, unfortunately). If you have any experience with Pascal and compilers then you can try yourself using the ZGE sources on Github.

Unfortunately my experience with Pascal is too limited to attempt this right now. Maybe I'll give it a go at a later date, thanks anyway!
I was just hoping someone had already done it.