IDE/saving - .00x value rounding limit ?

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

IDE/saving - .00x value rounding limit ?

Post by jph_wacheski »

I have noticed that the IDE interface is rounding values that have 3 places past the decimel,. specificaly a set rotation of .125 will become .12 or .005 becomes 0.

However I can still compile an .exe with these values,. and they also stay as set for the ZGE session,. it is only when reloading the .zgeproj ,.
I just opened my .zgeproj file in Notepad and indeed the values are cliped off when saving,. That extra percision is needed at times and should, IMHO be maintained in the file format. It really freaked me out when loading the latest ver. of Gyro-phyter Neo as I had just discovered some sweet looking effects based on slight rotations, and they had just dissapeared. see the attached .exe
Attachments
gyro_phyter_neo__025.zip
the floor pattern here is generated through a slight rotation,.
(41.23 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej JPH,

Yea I've noticed this as well. The solution I've been going with is using a ZExpression to set those variables. Values don't get rounded in scripts obviously.

Good luck ~
K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Oops, you are right. Sorry about that. I need to have a fixed number of significant digits otherwise all fractions will be saved with 12 or so characters in the zgeproj-file which seems unnecessary. Will three digits be enough for now, or maybe four?
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

4 Please :wink:
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

concure,. 3 is all I need for now,. it is just due to cardinal angles and fractional rotations,. so 4 will likely be fine for any forseeable use, and with Kjell's tip we can save any crucial values up to 12 places by assigning them in Zexpressions. Roc.
iterationGAMES.com