Feature requests?

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi Yilmaz,

No offence .. but I believe this is what groups are for. As soon as you need to start searching for models / scripts / etc. it basically means that you're not structuring your project sufficiently.

And I share your concern towards page deforming images :) Perhaps there is a phpbb setting that automatically scales images when they exceed a certain width? Alternatively you can use GIMP or Photoshop Express to crop images and make them more forum friendly.

Kind Regards,
K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

also, pressing a letter key will step through the components that begin with that letter,. so if you do as Kjell has suggestes and make good use of Groups (folders) to organize your work in some way,. then by make use of the keyboard steping fuctionality,. finding stuff is not too tough at all!

I normally keep variables, sounds, meshes, bitmaps, in groups and have a seperate group for objects (models that have functionality i.e player_obj, shot_obj, etc) and effects (models that are used as graphic effects,. like particles, or what have you,.) then inside object i use groups to organize things like "movement" for keyboard controls,. etc.
iterationGAMES.com
myraneal

Post by myraneal »

No offence taken :D This is what forums are for; discussion. I definitely agree that the keyboard controls and groups are indeed extremely handy. I use them myself all the time. Especially the left arrow key that brings you to the parent object is very useful in many cases.
However, I feel that as ZGameEditor gets more and more powerful, and its ability to create bigger and more complicated games gets better, bigger projects will require such a filter feature. So maybe it's not something that is essential in the next few releases but I do think that in the future, it will come in handy.
For example, if there are two objects that you need to work with for a while, then maybe in the filter menu you can type something like Object1 && Object 2, and the tree view will only show you those two objects, for convenience.
Please feel free to tell me if there are other things you see deficient with this idea. Criticism is a good thing in general :P

Thanks,
Yılmaz
kattle87

Really needed

Post by kattle87 »

A "key-OnPress" feature is really needed!!!
I'm planning to make a clone of an existent game but extending it with multiplayer... but i DO need a "key-OnPress" ;)

Plus, extensions to current MIDI support would be really appreciated ;) EG: i can't get a midi respecting note duration :P and no drums, what a pity! ;)
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi kattle87,

Key:OnPressed/OnReleased would be handy indeed yes. However, you can do-it-yourself very easily too. Define 2 variables per Key, one holding the current value, one holding the value as it was the last frame ( before setting the current value, set the last-frame value from the current ). Then for OnPressed you can use the following.

Code: Select all

if(Current != Last && Current == 1){}
Good luck ~
K
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: Really needed

Post by VilleK »

kattle87 wrote:Plus, extensions to current MIDI support would be really appreciated ;) EG: i can't get a midi respecting note duration :P and no drums, what a pity! ;)
Note duration should work. If you have a midi-file that doesn't import with durations correctly please post here or PM me, thanks.

EDIT: please post feature requests in the new Feature Request-forum, thanks!