Need HELP with ZGameEditor :)

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

prinsukun

Need HELP with ZGameEditor :)

Post by prinsukun »

Hello friends, I'm in attempt making my first 3D game ever with ZgamEditor, :)

i just have some questions or a problems in indirect way, here it's.

as I'm understanding ? appstate could be used as room or scene editor just like rooms in gamemaker or map in rpg maker ? correct ?
ok here what I'm having problem with.

1- my models for example in title screen !! can carried over to the next appstate ? is their a method to stop this from happening ? i mean why most models are persistent ? I use modelremove method with that..

2- The next question is, the appstate itself ? is their a method i can restart every appstate that I'm going to set ? it's seem the state I'm skipping like it's paused and when i return it, it continue just like it was left, this broke my animation simple at title screen, each time player die he back he see the models skipped and just go over, to make it worse, the model that moving will start moving from the same place over and over.. !! handling this manually i think it's unhealthy method ? or does I'm doing something wrong in the first place ?

3- the third question is, is their a keyboard release event ? i just want to fix some of my animation models, would be handy if it's supported, or if already supported how I could use it ?

4- my final question, it's possible to have visual level editor ? even a third party one is already existed ? i understand zgameeditor for procedural games but that feature would make it very handy for many users.

Thanks an advance, sorry for my English, it's not my native lang, i'm an Arabian.

regards~
Kjell

Re: Need HELP with ZGameEditor :)

Post by Kjell »

Hi prinsukun,
prinsukun wrote:I'm in attempt making my first 3D game ever
Can you explain what kind of 3D game?

1 - Correct, simply put a RemoveAllModels component in the OnLeave event of your AppState.

2 - If you don't want to reset anything yourself, make sure to only use Clone as SpawnStyle for your SpawnModel components.

3 - There isn't, but you can script this yourself. Attached is a simple example of how you could setup your keyboard input to support key released / pressed events ( press the arrow keys to test ).

4 - You mean something like the ( 2D ) room editor in Game Maker? For 3D games i use Softimage .. but you can use anything you like.

K
Attachments
KeyEvent.zgeproj
(6.57 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
prinsukun

Post by prinsukun »

@Kjell

Thank you so much for your help :D

Can you explain what kind of 3D game?
here the link, it's a very simple training project to understand how ZGE
works, not that good but better start step by step than something big :wink:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32615680/0ExeP ... aBlast.zip

1- Good i just got it how it's worked.

2- Oh !! i found out i put refrenced instead of clone, may be this why it keep continues over and over even when you back to state again, thanks.

3- thank you for your example, i will try to understand it and apply it to the game, beside that i still hope this could at least be supported as simple as OnReleased.

4- Great, than i can use AC3D as level editor too ? i tried to build a blocky stage with repeate statment but wasn't that good, just found too i can use text files as well, Thanks for the clarification :).

==

I have a new questions would be grateful if i get a direction for what i'm trying to achieve.

5- model animation like FBX, i could use it in ZGE ? or how i can achieve similar appraoch to use models within animetion ? like run,jump,etc ?

6- could i load a 2D sprites and use ZGE as a 2d game tool or any hint for trick like that ?

thanks again
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi prinsukun,
prinsukun wrote:it's a very simple training project to understand how ZGE works
That's not a 3D game ( thankfully ), you're just using 3D meshes :wink:

3 - In my example you can simply call "isKeyPressed(key_number)", which is pretty close to that. But i agree .. should have been build-in.

4 - You could, but it might be easier to create a simple editor specifically for your game inside ZGameEditor itself.

5 - Nope, the 3DS format doesn't support animations. Neither is there support for bones, skin, f-curves and morphing. So, you need to solve / script all this yourself.

6 - You can .. but there's no build-in sprite-sheet animation handling. So ( again ), you need to script this yourself.

K
prinsukun

Post by prinsukun »

@Kjell

thank you so much for your help, in fact i'm surprised how unlimited possibilities could be achieved via scripting :D , my only left question right now, is why not much documents or help tutorial yet existed via youtube and other gamedev website ?, this engine deserve spotlight for every indie game community, especially the ease of use feature.
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

"great expectations"