Camera capture for ZGE

Use of external libraries (DLLs) from ZGE.

Moderator: Moderators

Rado1

Camera capture for ZGE

Post by Rado1 »

During my regular updating of external libraries, I also tried to update ZgeCV, to the latest OpenCV library v3.1. After compilation I observed that the resulting DLL is about 19MB and still has memory leaks while detecting shapes. I was disappointed, and tried to implement smaller DLL for capturing camera for ZGE.

ZgeCam is the result. It is based on videoInput library and uses DirectShow as the underlying technology. Thanks to this it has only 29KB. It is also faster in video capturing than OpenCV.

It works on my PC, but I'm not sure about how it could work on other laptops or PCs with external cameras. I would be thankful, if you could test it for me on your machine. Thanks in advance!

Comments are welcome.

Attached you will find the library and two demo projects. The first one captures the camera and uses a simple shader to add some effects. Press keys 1-5 to activate effect (1 - no effect, 2 - grayscale, 3 - distorting mirror, 4 - water surface, 5 - edge detection). Mouse X and Y positions control effect parameters. The second demo uses the captured image as a dynamic texture for cube.
screenshots
screenshots
scr1.png (56.67 KiB) Viewed 13873 times
Attachments
ZgeCam01Demos.zip
demo projects
(23.13 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
Rado1

Re: Camera capture for ZGE

Post by Rado1 »

Ville, in FL ZGE Visualizer, you are able to capture WebCam by (I think) MediaVideoDecoder. Do you think that ZgeCam is still useful?
Imerion

Re: Camera capture for ZGE

Post by Imerion »

Very cool! Not sure I would use it, but it would be cool to do a Wario Ware/Eye Toy-like game sometime. :)