ZgeViz: download and install information

Discuss the ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin for FL-Studio.

Moderator: Moderators

StevenM

Post by StevenM »

OMG - your quick :shock:

I'm so excited about this feature - thanks Ville!
alphanimal

Post by alphanimal »

Hi everybody :)

I'm Daniel, one of the FL Studio alpha testers over at Image-Line...

I love your work! It works great (since I got rid of my Matrox GPU) and the presets just look amazing! Great work jph!
I want to make some presets myself but getting started with ZGE takes some time...

Here are some suggestions:
- The "stay on top" switch is nice to have, but I'd rather like the window to stay on top of FL only, not on top of everything. (like other detached windows in FL)
- Previous/Next buttons to flick through presets would be nice. Also a quick disable switch (to switch to "none" temporarily)
- I don't know how much the GUI is meant to change, but I'd prefer knobs instead if sliders for the parameters.
- Viewport goes white while resizing the editor window
- I was about to suggest Right click --> "Edit effect in ZGameEditor" until I realized it's already there :) It doesn't work here though... where can I set the command/path to the editor exe?
- Each preset should have it's default parameters, with a good configuration to start. Because many effects don't look good with everything set to 0, and if you mess with the params on one presets it shouldn't affect the next one you load.
- Stereoscopic clear effects would be sick. Imagine that video feedback streaming right through your face in 3d :)

That's it for now!
keep it up!
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

VilleK wrote:Updates to the stereoscopic feature:
- render to file in stereoscopic mode use half the selected resolution for each eye to maintain aspect ratio
- clear-effects now work better in stereoscopic mode
I'm still having difficulty after I upload to YouTube. I deleted the video without thinking though. I'll have to upload some more.

I think this should have been a working solution, but for some reason YouTube is still doing some weird things to the aspect ratio.
I tried the a few aspect ratio tags, but I can seem to make it work.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

StevenM: Yes I noticed this too and what is worse I could not make it look right using the yt3d aspect tag anymore. Still it seems more correct to render in this resolution compared to the first method so I'd rather not change it back. Hopefully youtube will update their service because it feels like they are doing something wrong.

alphanimal: Welcome and thanks for all the feedback! About the "Edit in ZGameEditor" feature you need to associate .zgeproj-files with ZGameEditor.exe to make it work. You can do this in the settings menu in ZGameEditor.
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

VilleK wrote:StevenM: Yes I noticed this too and what is worse I could not make it look right using the yt3d aspect tag anymore. Still it seems more correct to render in this resolution compared to the first method so I'd rather not change it back. Hopefully youtube will update their service because it feels like they are doing something wrong.
Yes, great that they have stereoscopic 3D - but they didn't make it too user friendly. I think it needs to be side by side full or 1/2 squeezed width/full height to work.

640x480 = 1280x480. I know this works on YouTube. Maybe force this as the only 3D export option. The only problem here is that, I believe you mentioned that the desktop needs a resolution of 1280 or greater then? which I guess these days is not uncommon though.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Updated today:

- Rework of UI (work in progress).
- Automatic reload of changed effects. If you edit an effect in ZGE and save it will automatically be reloaded in ZgeViz. The "Reload"-button has been moved to the right-click menu instead.
- Parameter default values are loaded from effects. This means that the effects can have default values, either stored in Parameters-array (set persistent to true) or set from a expression in OnLoaded.
- Render to file in stereoscopic mode now use full resolution to work better with YouTube aspect ratios. 640x480 is recommended resolution.
- Latest effects from Jph added.

Download from first post in this thread.
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

Really nice updates - Thanks! Tested 3D too. Aspect ratio fixed - I use this in the tags - yt3d:enable=true yt3d:aspect=4:3 - for 640x480.

I'll have to experiment a bit with this. Like the new work flow - no need to refresh any more.
alphanimal

Post by alphanimal »

Something I made by automating some parameters from FL Studio internal controllers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zEWyEWKUfY

Posted this yesterday on IL forums:
http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?p=515462
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Nice video alphanimal!

Another update today:
- Parameter settings of currently selected effects and video export options are stored in song-file
- High-quality render to texture is now the default setting
- Skipped the gradient in the UI for now

alphanimal

Post by alphanimal »

VilleK wrote:Nice video alphanimal!
Thanks! :)
VilleK wrote: - Parameter settings of currently selected effects and video export options are stored in song-file
Was just going to report that.
downloading now...
alphanimal

Post by alphanimal »

Just a small suggestion: Can you add the version number (if any :)) to the downloadable file?
alphanimal

Post by alphanimal »

Suggestion:

Make an alpha parameter for each of the 3 presets (Clr, Fg, Bg). That alpha should be applied to Fg/Bg after it's sent to the clear effect. that way you can use the clear effect to distort the original image, without the original image always being visible on top.

You could also make a parameter that controls how much (alpha) of the Fg/Bg bitmap is drawn onto the Clr bitmap. So, for example, you could put a 'rotozoom' effect on the foreground only, while the background stays untouched
alphanimal

Post by alphanimal »

I'm trying to create some presets now...

Would somebody provide me some IM support to answer a few questions?
Would very much appreciate it.

cheers
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Updated today:

- Video export now has improved error detection to prevent hanging. If an error occurs when export initiates a error message will appear to inform the user to try different export settings. Also added a "Restore default" button in the video export dialog.
- Updated effects by Jph with default settings for all effects and some other improvements
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Build 0.9.0.169

- New Video to texture feature. To install run reg.bat in ZgeViz-folder with adminstrator rights (right-click on file, run as administrator). You can select a wmv-file or a camera (webcam) as video source and it will show on the "video" effects.
- Live recording supports parameter changes
- Effects now support larger fft-settings
- About-box with version number