Simple 3D-midi keyboard test

Discuss the ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin for FL-Studio.

Moderator: Moderators

StevenM

Simple 3D-midi keyboard test

Post by StevenM »

On YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naGYvdnn ... r_embedded

My skills are lacking so it looks a bit cheesy - but if anyone wants to modify it to make it better...

Primarily done to test the concept - Just a basic early stage project - no parameters yet either.

feed back so far - was to use pre-rendered textures - getting a better "glow" on the keys...I will probably scrap this and start over with something new though.
Attachments
CasioLoaded.zip
(122.2 KiB) Downloaded 702 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Great stuff!

One thing I would change in your code is to remove the intermediate storage of midi-data into arrays because it complicates the code for little gain. Attached is a version where I've removed the arrays and just deal with every message as it appear. The timing and functionality should be the same but the code is less complex.
Attachments
CasioLoaded.zgeproj
same effect, simplified the code
(264.78 KiB) Downloaded 923 times
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

Thanks, Ville! -I'll check this ASAP:) - I tried do do it without the array, but I could not get the chords to play. I was probably overlooking something. The code is complicated right now too.

EDIT: WorKs Great! The problem I had was that I was trying to keep things on the "On Update" Node. I'll use this as a template from now on.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

That is very cool,. did you model that thing? what software??
I have a couple of sk-1s here,. for circuit bends, whenever I get around to hacking them up..
iterationGAMES.com
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

jph_wacheski wrote:That is very cool,. did you model that thing? what software??
I have a couple of sk-1s here,. for circuit bends, whenever I get around to hacking them up..
No, I didn't model it - that is part if a 3D object library from Imageline. All i did was convert and import. This is the library. If you need any models for zge just ask JMC. He can export the as 3DS file too.

http://jm.cannie.be/REMCatalog/3dencicl ... index.html

I use Carrara 3D, ZBrush, Truespace, and Bryce though. I don't do too much modeling, I like scripting animations and using ready made 3D Models.

Some great free apps to try POVray, Truespace
Found this the other day - free - looks interesting:

http://www.shapeshop3d.com/

There is also Blender of course - but pretty frustrating to figure out.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Just remembered that I used to own a SK-1 some twenty years ago. It was the first affordable toy sampler and it could record about a whole second of low quality sound :) Sadly it wasn't equipped with midi-support so I sold it and a few years later I could afford to buy the awesome Emu Emax keyboard instead.