ZGEviz Preset 256 Bands

Discuss the ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin for FL-Studio.

Moderator: Moderators

StevenM

ZGEviz Preset 256 Bands

Post by StevenM »

Testing ZGEviz - requires 256 bands - FTT 1024. I'm not sure how ZGEviz handles this. Some presets only use 32 bands. 15 parameters here - A little cumbersome to fine tune, but lot of flexibility with 15 Parameters. Only 3.47 KB - Wow! A lot more can be done here - an array of 256 cubes each responding to a separate band.

A compatibility problem exists - I used a 256 band array - If ZGEviz is not set up for it - ZGEviz crashes when it is loaded - is there any solution for this? Should all presets be modified to have a 256 band array variable?

Update with default parameters here - minor fixes - only here for prosperites sake - but kind of neat :

11/03/11
Attachments
Boxtest.zgeproj
(3.86 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
Last edited by StevenM on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Very nice, I was hoping these kind of effects would be possible with the 256-setting, great work!

If you turn on logging then you'll see that there is a array-error in the effect when the setting is less than 256. This is because when ZgeViz loads the effect the setting overrides the array size. So the size of SpecBandArray will be set to the current setting, and then when you loop the array and try to access 256 values it will trigger out of bounds error.

I made this change to your code, that way it will work with the other settings too:

int maxrow = floor(sqrt(SpecBandArray.SizeDim1));

(I also added a boxcount variable, see attached)

However even with this change it will not work correctly in <256 in the current version of ZgeViz because of a bug of mine :)
So it will work in next update of ZgeViz, thanks for reporting this problem.
Attachments
Boxtest.zgeproj
modified
(3.69 KiB) Downloaded 660 times
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

ok - that makes sense. Usiing the spectral band array size property is a good solution here. Thanks, I'll try to keep that in mind in the future.