LEDBoard EQ Project

Discuss the ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin for FL-Studio.

Moderator: Moderators

StevenM

LEDBoard EQ Project

Post by StevenM »

Thanks to some basic tips from Jph, I was able to create this. Just wanted to share, but It runs a little sluggish in ZGEviz. I use a 16x16 opacity map on every block. That seems to be the cause. I'm not sure how to fix it. I used a direct manipulation of that to control a "intensity" parameter. It still renders nicely though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gavxJFkvqV8

Feel free to take this and use it how ever you like too.

Edit: Forgot to mention this requires a 128 band setting. Ville mentioned a way to fix this, but I wasn't sure about how to implement it.
Attachments
LED.zgeproj
(5.8 KiB) Downloaded 879 times
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:shock:

Yikes, that's about the most unoptimized way you can set something like that up. You don't want to use Models for this kind of thing ( plain Arrays are much faster ), plus you only need to render 1 to 3 quads per band ( instead of 48 ). Neither do you have to DDA through your grid, simply lerp between the different bands ( when you're not using as many LEDs as your SpecBand ).

Nice effect nevertheless :)

K
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

Yes - brute force indeed. I don't often think about optimization at all. Just too lazy & lacking experience in that area. For personal use it's ok, for me. I need to start focusing on efficiency, to develop user presets though.