how to see MeshImport data?

Discuss the ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin for FL-Studio.

Moderator: Moderators

Mic

how to see MeshImport data?

Post by Mic »

Imported a 3DS file and am looking at all the Meshes. The Producers are MeshImports ... are these references to data still inside the 3DS file? How do I turn a MeshImport into a real Mesh so I can alter it? TIA,

Mic

Thanks for answering debug question - am printing vars etc to console now - really helps!
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi,

As soon as you import a .3ds file using the MeshImport component, the imported data becomes part of your .zgeproj file. So .. no, the data isn't referenced from the external file.

Code: Select all

How do I turn a MeshImport into a real Mesh so I can alter it?
Not exactly sure what you mean with a "real mesh".

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

The mesh is imported,. and then you just add the MeshExpression (or whatever mesh component) to make changes to it,. see attached, if that helps.
Attachments
mesh_edits.zgeproj
just a mesh,.
(2.65 KiB) Downloaded 831 times
iterationGAMES.com
Mic

thanks for mesh example ...

Post by Mic »

what I was wondering was ... on a standard e.g. MeshBox there are parms XCount, YCount Grid2DOnly ... are these not available on an imported mesh or maybe not valid? TIA,

Mic.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Ah,

The Count properties on the MeshBox component control the algorithm used to generate the Box. They are part of the MeshBox component, not general properties that are available on any Mesh.

If you want to increase / decrease the detail ( amount of polygons ) of you mesh, it's easiest to do this in the 3D modelling application you used to create the imported mesh ( or use something like MeshLab ) before importing it into ZGE.

K