noob needs help

Discuss the ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin for FL-Studio.

Moderator: Moderators

adept

noob needs help

Post by adept »

so... i managed to import a 3ds object into my project.. wich in itself is pretty impressive.. i press "play" and it pops up in its window.. while editing i can flip and turn it around.. but what i really would like to happen is when i run the program the model should rotate/spin by itself.. have been searching the forum without result.. a simple tutorial pherhaps or maybe someone can drop their own project for me to see? tnx.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi adept,

The easiest way to do such a thing is by using a Model component ( it has a rotation velocity property build-in ) to render your Mesh. Attached is a example of a 3ds teapot spinning by itself.

K
Attachments
Teapot.zgeproj
(18.28 KiB) Downloaded 936 times
adept

Post by adept »

hi and tnx for your fast reply...

before i actually saw your post i downloaded an example from http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 00&t=74654 that actually included "variables" meaning i could change the settings (x, y, z-rotation etc) when in the zgameeditor inside FL-studio..

noticed that the sliders are very sensitive and there is no way of resetting the value to "0" once you changed them (unless restarting).. but i really like how you can map almost everything to the FL events.. hmm maybe i can get value to 0 again by using events.. will try it later.

also Kjell, så undar jag om du är svensk =) and if there is some way i can get a hold of your DotMatrix-script seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojMUmJneF0

looking forward to exploring this editor with all of you..
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi adept,
adept wrote:noticed that the sliders are very sensitive and there is no way of resetting the value to "0" once you changed them
Actually, you can right-click on a slider in the Visualizer interface and select "Reset parameter value".
adept wrote:is there some way i can get a hold of your DotMatrix-script seen here
I believe a version of the Dot Matrix script was distributed with the latest version of FL Studio.

Och jag är inte svensk ;)

K
adept

Post by adept »

hmm ok im running version 0.9.0.170 and im starting to realise its not the latest one =) i dont have the "reset parameter value" function on right click but i can choose "reload effect", close enough =)

not so keen on updating right now as it is very stable and im gettin good results when exporting files.. ive read about other ppl having bugs while rendering... the way i see it, once i get something working nicely, why change it? =)

also it seems not all "old" presets from my version is included in the latest release listed on image-line website.. like glitch-text for example, wich is a really nice plugin.. so is there a library out there somewhere so i can get the latest presets without updating?

your alias sure does look swedish, anyway =)
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yeah, I really thought Kjell was Swedish too at first :).

About ZgeViz you should really upgrade to the latest DLL: http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 00&t=84661
There are only improvements and nothing that should give you problems from upgrading. You can always make a backup copy of the old DLL first if you want to be sure.

I believe Glitchtext was combined into the new TextDraw-effect ( nr 28 ) instead. It has a Glitch parameter.
adept

Post by adept »

ok, i took your advice and updated =)

the old glithtext saves emulated fine into the new version.. so no problems there.. since i kept all the previous zgeproj-files everything is pretty much intact but theres also no sight of the new presets.. like the one i requested above, "DotMatrix"... i would also like to know if there is a preset library somewhere were one can view and download different settings?

also noticed that in my newly added presets, including a 3ds import, the right click and "reset paramiter value" doesnt work since it only puts the slider to the far left regardless of what setting im changing.. and sometimes the default value was in the middle... so i guess a default value is something i have to add in the editor before it works in the FL-ui?

also i think there is some performance drop in the effects using video texture.. but i dont know how to confirm it, its just the way it looks now and the new version says im running at only max 20 fps when using it.. (strange because im on a high end computer) but tnx to your advice on saving the dll i can ofc just change it back if needed.. nice one =)

btw.. did some playing around last couple of days..
uploaded here: http://www.youtube.com/ninjalasso

trevligt att man hittade en svensk trots allt =) mvh
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

There are some effects available here, including dotmatrix: http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 00&t=90176

Iirc, default parameter values requires that Parameters is Persistent (there is a property named Peristent). Then you can edit the values directly in ZGE and these will be the default when used in ZgeViz. Someone please correct me if I remember wrong.

Performance with video textures depends on a lot of things. If you've used full HD video, maybe try a bit lower resolution instead?

To discover nice presets sometimes it works great just to use "Presets - Randomize" in the ZgeViz control menu (top left corner in ZgeViz window).

Your YouTube channel experiments looks good, I'm sure you are on your way to make some great videos if you have the patience to continue using ZgeViz. It isn't the most easy-to-use visualizer but there is plenty of power and flexibility available once you get past the initial learning curve.

I'm moving this thread to ZgeViz subforum.