ZGameEditor 1.7.8: Bugfixes

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

ZGameEditor 1.7.8: Bugfixes

Post by VilleK »

Changes in 1.7.8 version:

* New: Icon-property on Application-component. Load a ICO file to get an custom icon to your ZGE-games. Note that the icon only gets inserted in the exe when you choose "Build and compress". Feature suggested by jph.
* New: Find Component dialog. Activate with Ctrl-F. This is a very simple search function for finding components in large projects. You can only search for the complete component name now, future improvements may include substring-matching. Feature suggested by myraneal.
* New: CharCode-property on KeyPress component as an alternate technique for detecting keypress. With this property you can detect control keys such as Ctrl, Shift, Tab and Return (suggested by Kjell).
* New: Osc2Volume property on Sound component for controlling the volume of the second oscillator (suggested by jph).
* Fixed: Timer-components did not reset properly when running several application preview in designer (reported by Kjell).
* Fixed: "." should always be the decimal separator in designer even if you change the international settings in windows. Reported by myraneal here.
* Fixed: OpenGL error in designer reported by myraneal here. There can still be problems, please report about any strange behavior in preview window.

Download from here:

http://www.zgameeditor.org/index.php/Main/Download
Attachments
find component
find component
zge178_1.jpg (31.74 KiB) Viewed 18888 times
application icon
application icon
zge178_2.jpg (31.11 KiB) Viewed 18888 times
volume for second oscillator
volume for second oscillator
zge178_3.png (3.36 KiB) Viewed 18888 times
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

You also increased the number of collition catagories for 16 to 32 ! nice ;) unless this happend in a past release and i just missed it,. very possible really..,
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Jph, you are right! It is because collision is using the same "byte" datatype like the new CharCode property of KeyPress-component. So I increased the number in order to be able to catch all control characters below 32.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

"able to catch all control characters below 32" - about that, a nice list of what they are would sure help,. as when i search ASCII codes i find some strange codes in that range,. could you add them to the doc pages, pretty please! You know I lov you,. right? :) may even make more sence to just have the editor list them in human readable form in the editor,. i.e <shift> <esc> etc., but likely more work, so do what keeps YOU happy!
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

8)

K