ZGameEditor 1.7.9

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

ZGameEditor 1.7.9

Post by VilleK »

Changes in 1.7.9 version:

* New: Property "ShowOptionsDialog" on Application controls display of a dialog box on game startup where the user can select screen resolution. Many thanks to JPH Wacheski, Peter Söderman and Martti Juhana Nurmikari for helping with this feature.
* New: Functions in ZExpressions "centerMouse", "setRandomSeed", "floor" and "ceil".
* New: Set x,y,z parts of the Scale property with a single "Scale=value" assignment in expressions.
* New: "Scale" and "Rotate" properties on SpawnModel component. Suggested by Kjell.
* Improved: Some components (mesh, model, bitmap, material and others) are now given a default name when added in the designer. This makes it quicker to prototype ideas without having to type unique names for every new component. Component are named "Mesh1" etc.
* Improved: New icons for AudioMixer and PlaySound components designed by Yilmaz (myraneal).

Also several pages of the ZGE Wiki are now translated to Italian, thanks to kattle87!

Thanks to the ZGE community for helping make ZGE a stronger product!

Download from here:

http://www.zgameeditor.org/index.php/Main/Download
Attachments
dialogbox on game startup
dialogbox on game startup
zge179_1.gif (11.23 KiB) Viewed 25606 times
new useful functions
new useful functions
zge179_2.gif (2.27 KiB) Viewed 25606 times
jph_wacheski

WHOOO HOOOOO ! its just like christmas!!!

Post by jph_wacheski »

WHOOO HOOOOO ! it's just like Christmas!!!

thanks Ville,. you are the greatest,.. really, you are! I will try out these amazing new features and report back.

much more in here than I expected for sure,. thanks so much! You got me scared ZGE will go comercial,. well, if you did, I am sure ppl would pay for it,. I know I would,. if'n I had any money,. LOL. Ee will see a comercial game developed with ZGE soon, I'm sure,. . and if I am able to do it, you will get a share from me for sure. Peace.
iterationGAMES.com
turshija

Re: ZGameEditor 1.7.9

Post by turshija »

VilleK wrote: * New: Functions in ZExpressions "centerMouse"
<3
tried it, and works perfectly ... :)
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

Great work Ville!!!
Just a question... have you remembered to update ZGE source also? ;) bye bye!
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yep, the zip with the source files is updated. I plan to upload the source to an open subversion repository like google code in the future so that it will be easier to keep track of changes in the code. I already use subversion but it is on an private server.
myraneal

Post by myraneal »

Glad to see my icons made it into the Designer :D I wish you'd have told me earlier so I wouldn't put the icon-making project on hold. Gotta start making new ones now :P

-Yılmaz
jph_wacheski

really good stuff,.

Post by jph_wacheski »

Yup, these are all great additions,.
Here are a couple things I noticed, while running some little tests,.

if you use the ShowOptionsDialog, (as well you should! ) it is likely best to set the game to windowed 600x800 as that is what the dialoge box will show as defult. If for example you have the screen set to 1024x768 full,. that is what the user will get if they make no changes,. so just not to confuse ppl, it is best to set it to 800x600 windowed when you using ShowOptionsDialog. I don't think this needs to be changed or anything,. I'm just pointing it out for ppl that don't test so much,. this feature makes me very happy! :) :) :)

the Scale Uniform is also a great new feature,. it would be awesome to expand this time/code saving feature to include Animators as well,. curently it only seems to work from expresions on the model,. or on renderTransforms too, very nice!!

the auto-nameing feature is super cool! I didn't really think much of it when I read it, but it is simply GREAT! making building way faster!

any additional info on how setRandomSeed works would be of help,.

thanks for ALL these great features,. the Artificial Nature procedural compo entry will be way better now!
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

right clickin' ALPHA !

Post by jph_wacheski »

Seems to be ANOTHER undocumented new feature. Right clicking on a colour now opens a dialog that lets you set the alpha for the colour! This is quite nice, and something I had wondered about,. I have been just using expretions while wundering why there was no alpha setting in the colour dialog,. i may have missed this in a previous update but still a great feature,. cheers again!
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

The "hidden" alpha-setting have been there for a while. I don't know if the standard windows color dialog allows you to set alpha, so I had to implement it a different way.

Good luck with your competion entry/entries jph, deadlines coming soon eh? ;)
I'm sure whatever you come up with will be good!