ZGameEditor 1.9.6

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

ZGameEditor 1.9.6

Post by VilleK »

Updates in 1.9.6 version:

- Floating point values are now always displayed with decimals so that it is easier to see if a integer or floating point value is expected.
- Bugfix: "when I use shift-delete the preview gets locked/unlocked on the component next to the one I just deleted."
- Bugfix: "bitmaps and meshes are not updated when I paste something inside it's producer."
- Uncompressed exe-files are generated without overlays. This is to avoid false positives from virus-scanners.
- New components: MeshCombine and MeshLoad. See notes below.
- Bugs with integers in script fixed. See notes below.
- Multiselect in project tree. This allows you to copy, delete and drag-drop multiple components at once. Limitation: you can only select "sibling" nodes on the same level of the tree. Use shift and ctrl-keys to select just like you would in windows file explorer.
- "Undo delete" functionality. If you accidentally delete a component you can now undo this operation.
- Preview of AppState-components. If you select a AppState-component in the project tree it will be shown in the preview-window (the onrender-commands will execute).
- "Add from library" functionality. See notes.
- Meshes are rendered using OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects extension (VBO). (meshes with >1k triangles only)
- Implicit evaluator lowered iterations to 4 for improved performance.
- New property App.EscapeToQuit, disable this to stop esc from exiting your game. Then use new "quit()" script function instead. Catch escape-keypress with CharCode 27.
- Subtract bitmaps.
- Bugfix for materials.
- Joystick/gamepad support with three new functions joyGetAxis(joyId,axisNr), joyGetButton(joyId,buttonNr) and joyGetPOV(joyId).

When using literal values in scripting such as "1" they are by default determined to be integer values. So "10/3" will compile to a integer division with the result 3. To force floating point division in you can type "10/3.0" or "10/3f" instead.

MeshCombine is a mesh-producer that add together two meshes (adds all the triangles). So it takes two inputs from the producer-stack and generates a new one. This can be used as an alternative to having several RenderMesh-commands in a Model.OnRender-list for improving render performance.

MeshLoad loads a copy of another Mesh on to producer-stack. Example: you have a large mesh imported from a 3ds-file and you want to display this mesh in many different variations without importing the mesh again. So you import it once, then use MeshLoad to load it into other meshes for further transformations with meshexpression.

"Add from Library" is a new function on the tree menu. This allows you to quickly insert one of predefined components which should improve productivity and make it easier for new user to add content. The components are defined in the file Library.xml which can be opened in the editor. So currently I've added some bitmaps and meshes from the tips and tricks forum. I'm hoping we can work together and add more to a standard library that will evolve over time. If we add many components then this feature is probably better as a popup-dialog instead being menu-based. Another possibility (that is not yet implemented) is to also have a user-defined library, so you can have your personal common used components in a UserLibrary.xml, and add more with a simple "add to library" menuitem.

Download from here:

http://www.zgameeditor.org/index.php/Main/Download