Beta release 1.9.9b

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Box2D would be fun too, and a good place to start for sure,. as the full 3d stuff will be much more complex. Please post the dll when you have it working as I would also like the mess around with it,. however I have a poor history of compileing stuff myself,.. :( I'm just tool using monkey.
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

It's getting close to wrapping up the 1.9.9 release, so any suggestions or bugs that you consider crucial to fix in this release now is the time to shout about it :).
The plan is to release next weekend.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hmm,

I was hoping this would be attended to before getting to a release. Perhaps a checkbox that enables the following behavior?

- FBO width / height is internally scaled up to the nearest power of 2.
- Rendering is done in a "rectangle" the size of the set FBO width / height.

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

I think the input,. KeyPress is broken! <>_^ work however letters z,x,c, no longer do?? I was just going to post my 'one key' game but it don't work now?? Or did I miss somthing,. .
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

KeyPress: oops something must have broken when I tried to fix the problem with detecting numeric keypad. Try setting the keys in capitals in the property editor: "XYZ".

Kjell: Aha, I forgot about that. It needs to hide this from the user so if "Autosize" is selected it draws to an rectangle and also when the texture is used the texture coordinates must be set so that only the used area is displayed. I'll see if I can fix that.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

jup CAPITAL letters work,. so not a bug, if you add it to the docs,. thx.
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Well,

I wouldn't mind setting the rectangle / texcoords myself either ( Virtools does this for example .. see attached ), but in most cases the described behavior is what you want.

One additional request, a read-only property on App that holds the current resolution would be very convenient. Even though you can already find this out by checking the Custom / Resolution properties .. there's no way of knowing when using the "Use Desktop resolution" setting.

K
Attachments
RT.gif
RT.gif (12.57 KiB) Viewed 24632 times
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

second the "a read-only property on App that holds the current resolution" request. need that for something different but wouls be helpfull in verious situations,. .

oh,. also how about those new icons for the componets?? anyone get some done ?
iterationGAMES.com
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

uhm... I've been away for a while...
And when I came back I found so much new stuff....

However I guess that's the end of ZGE on linux... Am I wrong?
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
daz

Post by daz »

kattle87 wrote:uhm... I've been away for a while...
And when I came back I found so much new stuff....

However I guess that's the end of ZGE on linux... Am I wrong?
Maybe the editor, quote from features page:
Feature page wrote:Cross-platform: The editor is Windows only, but your applications can also run in Linux and Mac OS X.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Welcome back Kattle87!
What would end linux support??
iterationGAMES.com
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Yeah, Villek hasn't added in the necessary extra files in the beta releases. You could probably (I don't know for sure) copy the ones from full release 1.9.8.

Anyway, the full release of 1.9.9 is imminent.
"great expectations"
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:?

I could be wrong .. but I think kattle87 is referring to the fact that ZGE now supports dll's ( which are not always platform-independent .. and at the least need to be compiled per platform ). Neither am I sure whether Ville will / has implemented calling dynamic libraries using the ZExternalLibrary component in the Linux build of the Engine.

Regardless, these things shouldn't affect the rest of ZGE for either Mac or Linux :)

K
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Is app.fixedFrameRate functioning? I was just trying to slow down Kjell's splitScreen and nothing seems to be happening.
"great expectations"
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:arrow:

Fixed framerate only works in build executables ( and has a minimum of 10 fps ), not in the editor ( none of the FrameRateStyles actually, the Editor always runs at 30 fps on some machines and 50 on others for me ). Not sure why you'd want to slow down the framerate on my Split-Screen example though ..

K