Beta release 2.0.0b

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Updated today with a port of the NanoJPEG decoder library. This means that when you import a jpg-file using BitmapFromFile it will be embedded as it is and unpacked at runtime, resulting in much smaller files. The decoder is only about 6kb in runtime size and thanks to the "Remove unused code"-feature it will not burden the size of apps that do not use jpegs (compressed exe-file of empty project is still 27kb). If this works out fine then I will also add a filtering step that improves the quality of the unpacked image because right now it is a little bit jaggy.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Sounds like a great solution,. at 33kb the game engine is still the most efficent use of space I know of. Besides, if you are including images you are not likely going for a size record any how.
iterationGAMES.com
keymasher

Post by keymasher »

huzzuh! i platonic love you villek! thanks :D
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I'm planning to close the 2.0 release soon. It's been in beta for over a year so it feels like it's time ;)

Here is my short fixlist:
- fix a bug when parsing scripts where a property has the same name as a variable
- remove the Curve-component for now because it is not finalized how it should work

Let me know of any other bugs that you think should be fixed now.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hmm,

App.ViewportWidth / Height aren't set properly when you start ZGameEditor, causing the initial preview to use a viewport of 800x??? while your rendering context might be a completely different size. Obviously this is "fixed" as soon as you start a App preview, but still .. looks a bit strange.

Can't think of anything else right now :)

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

This is the 2.0 "release candidate": http://www.zgameeditor.org/files/ZGameEditor_beta.zip

I will make this the proper release very soon. Initially I will probably skip the Linux and OSX binaries because I don't have functional build environments on those platforms at the moment (need upgrade of Freepascal etc) but they will come back as soon as I get it working again.