Beta release 2.0.0b

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Ah!!! Thanx!
"great expectations"
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

In my quest to better my trig. skills, the XML search is great as it allows searching for sin, cos etc. without knowing where they are.

One thing I noticed. If I load a project, not touch it, search it unsuccessfully, I still get the " file has changed " notification on close.

@Kjell - that's a tutorial hint :wink:
"great expectations"
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hmm,

Math always works the same, so any tutorial on trigonometry ( the web is full of them ) applies to ZGE as well.

K
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Man! Am I thick sometimes?!! It just clicked.

You use the velocity value as sides of a triangle. Now the trig makes sense.
:oops: :oops:
"great expectations"
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Updated today. While changing the default auto-play tune in the sound editor I made some other small improvements. The "save as raw" button now displays a Save-dialog. And a new waveform is supported for audio oscillator 1: Sine.

Also some smaller changes I made while hunting the crash-bug that Lupo encountered.

I haven't had much time for ZGE lately so if there is a particular feature or bug that someone needs urgently fixed, let me know and I'll give it higher priority.
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

I find when I use the XML to replace all, all are replaced except for the original declaration, be it variable name, model name, or whatever.

edit - actually, it's operation seems hit and miss in general.
"great expectations"
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

The catch is that search (& replace) starts from the current cursor position. So if you go to the top of the document before replacing I think you will find it works ok.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:)

Great new feature! Perhaps you won't even need DesignDisable to be a property ( or you could hide it )? A enable / disable / toggle selection button in the toolbar and / or drop-down ( + shortcuts ) in combination with the stripe-through effect in the Project Tree might be enough ( and probably faster to work with ).

K
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

We can now load .png files, but I was unable to find a combination that enabled the transparency.
"great expectations"
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

DesignDisable disables Zexpressions, but components refered to within the Zexpression are still attached when you try to delete or rename the the component.
"great expectations"
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

8)

Something I've been working on over the weekend .. a F-Curves library ( FK Cubic-Bezier only for now ) + custom Softimage exporter. Attached is a test animation.

K
Attachments
F-Curves.zip
(51.28 KiB) Downloaded 699 times
F-Curves.jpg
F-Curves.jpg (44.76 KiB) Viewed 24579 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Cool! Looking forward to hear more about that when you're ready to give more details, Kjell :)
Impressive that the exe-file is small so you must have made a compact representation of the model and animation.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:)

F-Curve animations are inherently small. Each cubic bezier keyframe consists of 6 parameters ( float ) of which you'll need about 2.5 per second on average ( per property ) to make a decent animation. But even when you plot / bake for example a physics simulation at 6 keyframes per second ( see attached ), a 3 seconds animation still only uses 2880 bytes ( uncompressed ).

K
Attachments
Physics.zip
(32.98 KiB) Downloaded 648 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Updated today. I used the great code snippet by Kjell for rendering collision bounds and included in the designer. Use the new checkbox "Bounds" on the model page to activate it.

Another new feature is that you can disable components using the Ctrl + D hotkey. You can select multiple components and press Ctrl + D to toggle between disabling and enable them. This option is also on the right-click menu. The components are disabled in design-time only.

Kjell, I haven't forgotten about the reversed xyz rotation feature request, I just haven't come around to working on that yet :)
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Initial impression -

Collision Bounds - Hooray! I was able to see why somethings weren't working and fixed them.

Bounds won't render for a bitmap material, but a way around is to swap a wireframe material in/out to see.

--------------

MouseWheel - I tried to renderText app.MouseWheelDelta and was told it wasn't a float, so I used this :-

int i = App.MouseWheelDelta;
string a = intToStr(i);
r.Text = a;

Got results, and this works in my game.

if( app.MouseWheelDelta < 0 ){ CurrentModel.Position.Y -= .5;}
if( app.MouseWheelDelta > 0 ){ CurrentModel.Position.Y += .5;}
"great expectations"