Beta release 2.0.1b

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

StevenM

Post by StevenM »

Is glEnd(){} in opengl.txt file? Weird though,aside from that very basic function - it looks complete.

Also, code completion seems to be case sensitive - was it always like that?

In any case, I really like it - It's nice be able to just load the OpenGL library and start coding, without the need to set-up library definitions. It is a real time saver.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Update today:
- opengl.txt was missing functions without parameters (such as glEnd)
- Component selector is drawn correctly when using a dark theme
- Replaced many icons with 32-bit color versions so that they look better against a dark theme (thanks to Rado1)

http://www.zgameeditor.org/files/ZGameEditor_beta.zip
StevenM

error opengl

Post by StevenM »

For ZGEVIZ, I tried to copy and paste the opengl.txt to use for projects and I was getting this error -

I do think that that the opengl.txt source is too long, and causes an error. By adding the constants to a separate ZLibrary and only adding the functions to the ZExternalLibrary, I was able to get rid of the error.
Attachments
Error_OpenGL.jpg
Error_OpenGL.jpg (18.19 KiB) Viewed 25966 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

When does the error appear? When testing the OpenGL header conversion tool I simply copy/pasted the full source into a ZLibrary-component without any apparent problems, at least it compiled ok. For ZgeViz I've been meaning to add the lib-folder there too so it's good that you reminded me. Download a new build with the lib-folder here.
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

I simply copy/pasted the full source into a ZLibrary-component without any apparent problems, at least it compiled ok
That is precisely where I have the problem and it seems to be related to the number of lines in the OpenGL.txt source. The error pops up when I de-select and re-select the ZExternalLibrary. After the error, the component is locked and the error comes up every time I click on it. I need to edit the XML to get things rolling again.

A fix is pretty simple here on my end though. Maybe there is just something strange going on here with my PC, but error does happen every time here.

Thanks for the update to ZGEVIZ too - won't have to worry about this issue now anyway - the OGL def import is not affected by this issue.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Update:

- "New" menu item displays a list of template projects. These are simply read from the ".\Templates" folder. Please suggest more or improved template projects and I'll add them.
- SynEdit text editor control now use skinned scrollbars.
- SynEdit text editor control no longer use different coloring scheme in skinned mode (need user configurable colors instead to solve this properly).

I want to release 2.0.1 final soon now so let me know if there are any critical issues you think should be fixed first.

http://www.zgameeditor.org/files/ZGameEditor_beta.zip
Attachments
the new "new" menu item
the new "new" menu item
new_templates.png (13.25 KiB) Viewed 25925 times
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Hi Ville,

I cannot run applications in the Preview window. Time is "frozen" there, animations do not work. When I updated to the previous version of ZGE some weeks ago, I had the same problem, but it disappeared after restart (or so, I do not remember exactly). Now, the problem remains also after restart.

Another symptom is that the Stop button is not disabled after pressing it, or after pressing Alt+Enter. Disabling usually works at the first pressing, but it stops working after several start/stop/start/stop/start/stop/... I observed this in Graphite skins.

Regarding to finalizing ZGE 2.0.1 do not you want some more icons at least for major components?

Is not there a chance that also menus can be skinned?
Last edited by Rado1 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yes, sorry about that, this happens when I forget to rebuild all after working on the visualizer because it uses another timer. Please download again.

The start/stop buttons have this problem in skinned mode only. I will see if I can fix that. And if you have more icons then keep'em coming :)
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Timer is still not working.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Are you sure? I just tried downloading it and if I run one of the included projects in preview window it works here.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej Ville,

- Wouldn't it be possible to include the skins as loose .vsf files instead of embedding them into the Editor? That way you don't bloat the Editor and it allows users to delete any skins they don't use.

- Why not add a new menu item for the templates? I want my one-click new empty project feature back :wink:

- I think a OpenGL template might do more harm then good ( confusing for inexperienced users ). Besides, it's only one component + it's already included in the "Add from Library" menu.

- What's that "save binary as" option in your screenshot?

- Oh, and while the window icon problem remains unsolved, could you embed a icon to generated executables? That way you could use a resource editor to swap it out.

K
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

The addition template project folder is a really nice feature. It's so easy to add you own templates too. Thanks for the update.
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Ville, it's ok now, thanks. There was maybe some stupid web file cache in my company which has been released in meantime.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Kjell wrote:- Wouldn't it be possible to include the skins as loose .vsf files instead of embedding them into the Editor? That way you don't bloat the Editor and it allows users to delete any skins they don't use.
Good idea, I'll try to do something like that.
Kjell wrote:- Why not add a new menu item for the templates? I want my one-click new empty project feature back :wink:
Maybe if I add a hotkey like Ctrl+N?
Kjell wrote:- I think a OpenGL template might do more harm then good ( confusing for inexperienced users ). Besides, it's only one component + it's already included in the "Add from Library" menu.
I want to emphasize how easy it is to use the OpenGL API from ZGE and was thinking the basic template should have an expression in OnUpdate to show some API-calls too.
Kjell wrote:- What's that "save binary as" option in your screenshot?
It is only visible when I run it through the Delphi debugger and all it does is save the binary data of the current project without linking the engine. I use it when I want to generate a zzdc.dat file to run with the binaries for OSX and Linux.
Kjell wrote:- Oh, and while the window icon problem remains unsolved, could you embed a icon to generated executables? That way you could use a resource editor to swap it out.
I did a fix for that a while back, was there no improvment? I distinctly remember getting a 32-bit color icon showing for a ZGE-generated binary in explorer.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej Ville,
VilleK wrote:Maybe if I add a hotkey like Ctrl+N?
That would help yes. By the way, unrelated but .. how difficult would it be to trigger for example a ZExpression once when having it selected and pressing F5 ( similar to reloading Mesh / Bitmap etc )?
VilleK wrote:I want to emphasize how easy it is to use the OpenGL API from ZGE and was thinking the basic template should have an expression in OnUpdate to show some API-calls too.
I get that, but that sounds more like a example ( which is what the examples are for ) instead of a template.
VilleK wrote:I distinctly remember getting a 32-bit color icon showing for a ZGE-generated binary in explorer.
The icon only shows in the explorer, it doesn't show on the window itself / in the tab menu ( I posted a trick how to set the icon dynamically, but that's a ugly solution ).

K