Beta release 3.1b

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

Imerion

Re: Beta release 3.1b

Post by Imerion »

Sorry for the late report. Yep, it says fileversion 2 now. :)
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

In the latest beta the BitmapRectangle/Zoom don't work correctly even in the preview anymore, for example the previous example (1) looks off in both (previously it rendered correctly in the preview).

(1) viewtopic.php?p=7739&sid=9b0102b05e8cc1 ... f782#p7739
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Windows 10, ZGE IDE set to "Turquoise Grey" (doesn't happen with "Windows" theme):
When working with the file requester (for example when trying to open a file), the Windows context menu that appears when right clicking on a file is broken. On the left is the context menu as it's supposed to look like and on the right how it renders in ZGE IDE.

Speaking of themes - is it normal that the Windows theme uses ">" in the project tree for collapsing / expanding nodes while the other themes use the "+" (surrounded by a rectangle) sign? The ">" sign is lighter and better, any way to make the other themes use it too?
Attachments
剪贴板图片 (11).png
剪贴板图片 (11).png (16.23 KiB) Viewed 24522 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Hi,

I've noticed that Delphi XE8 have updated the style files and added some new ones. Please try these: http://www.zgameeditor.org/files/zge_styles.zip

/V
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Doesn't help. Other problems connected with themes are also still present.
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Playing sound files, ogg or raw, on Android seems to produce a lot of noise and weird sound quality no matter what I do. Any tips on what the optimal settings is?
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi Imerion,
Imerion wrote:Playing sound files, ogg or raw, on Android seems to produce a lot of noise and weird sound quality no matter what I do. Any tips on what the optimal settings is?
The optimal setting is MasterVolume, Channel and Sound Volume set to 1, a mono sample ( stereo isn't supported unfortunately ), UseSampleHz enabled and no Modulators. Attached is a example.

K
Attachments
Paradise.zgeproj
(512.55 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Thanks for the tips! But sadly, none of it helps. Even your example sounds rather chaotic on both my Android devices. It all sounds great on my PC though.
No idea what could be causing this. I could send an APK if someone wants to try it.
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Ville, some time ago you changed ordering of list properties (sections) in some components. Looking at the current version I observed that ModelState has not so logical ordering of list properties. I would suggest:

- Definitions
- OnStart
- OnUpdate
- OnCollision
- OnRender
- OnLeave
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

I was thinking of mentioning this too :) This order (edit: the one Rado1 just mentioned) sounds more logical to me.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

This seems like a good suggestion. I'll take a look at it after the weekend.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Update the beta.
- changed order of ModelState list properties. OnCollision is still last though, there was a problem moving it so I've kept it there for now.
- CharI in RenderText now also increases when CR+LF characters are encountered (Kjell requested this)
http://www.zgameeditor.org/files/ZGameEditor_beta.zip
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

[quote="VilleK"]CharI in RenderText now also increases when CR+LF characters are encountered (Kjell requested this)[/quote]
...actually, I should admit I'm the one who was constantly pestering him about this in the chat :D
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Imerion

Post by Imerion »

This last release screwed up all text rendering in my game. :) Any way to revert this CharI change? An older beta would probably work fine if there is no easy way code-wise. :)