Oscilloscope V0.0 New Project Development

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

AngelsDevil

Oscilloscope V0.0 New Project Development

Post by AngelsDevil »

Oscilloscope:
An electronic device that displays, on a video screen, a representation of an electrical signal.

Well thi is wha the programs gonna Be Called Oscilloscope and this is what I am wanting t make, a music visualizer, Hello World :) after making the second tutorial to the Game Engine tutorial page I am new to ZGameEdititor and would Liek where do I start off with How would somebody start to make a Music Visualizer using this Program. Any Help,Tricks,THoughts,Ideas would we most welcomed as I never worked with this program before and just started using it, Now its time to go onto the Third Tutorial and Thankyou in Advance for your Help it is much appreciated

AngelsDevil
Kjell

Re: Oscilloscope V0.0 New Project Development

Post by Kjell »

Hi,

Are you using the ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin that's included with FL Studio? Or do you want to make a standalone visualizer?

K
AngelsDevil

Post by AngelsDevil »

A standalone Visualizing Program
Creativity Is Power, That Power is in your Mind, So become Powerful with your Creative Mind!!!!!!!!!
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi,
AngelsDevil wrote:A standalone Visualizing Program
Alright .. ZGameEditor doesn't have mp3 / ogg playback nor spectrum analysis capabilities build-in ( unlike the FL Studio plugin ), so you're going to have to use a DLL for that.

K
AngelsDevil

ok so how would I do that or make that

Post by AngelsDevil »

ok so how would I do that or make that, I have no scripting knowledge and dont know how to make stuff like a DLL just thought maybe this would be a program that I could make a visualization software.

AngelsDevil
Creativity Is Power, That Power is in your Mind, So become Powerful with your Creative Mind!!!!!!!!!
Kjell

Re: ok so how would I do that or make that

Post by Kjell »

Hi AngelsDevil,
AngelsDevil wrote:ok so how would I do that or make that, I have no scripting knowledge and dont know how to make stuff like a DLL
You don't have to write your own DLL. There are plenty of libraries available that can playback and analyse audio.
AngelsDevil wrote:just thought maybe this would be a program that I could make a visualization software.
ZGameEditor is primarily a game engine / editor. You can extend its capabilities ( such as music visualization ) through dll's .. but i wouldn't recommend starting out with this when you're still new / learning.

K
Last edited by Kjell on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngelsDevil

But not wanting to learn other parts of the game engine.....

Post by AngelsDevil »

But not wanting to learn other parts of the game engine..... I soly wanted to make a application to maek a music visualizor, and the way I learn is by making teh project I am wanting to learn by, as my dad use to say people learn best when there excited about wanting to learn something that will benafite them then learning something that has nothing to do with what they are already not wanting to learn...... I dont knwo maybe by giving a tutorial on how you did that in that process of learning that I will also be learning all those other things you sayed I need to learn before hand while still learning what I am wanting to make in the process,

Please can you show me how you did that please step by step

Thanks
AngelsDevil :twisted:
StevenM

Re: But not wanting to learn other parts of the game engine.

Post by StevenM »

AngelsDevil wrote:.

Please can you show me how you did that please step by step

Thanks
AngelsDevil :twisted:
It's not that easy to show you step by step, but maybe someone can create or wrap a dll to get you started. BUT...Even with the audio library, developing a music visualization software is difficult as far as the math and programming skill is concerned. It's not possible for a beginner with no experience in programming.

You should start with the fl studio music visualization pipeline first. The audio, spectral band, midi input, parameter sliders and video export are already built in, and it can all be scripted however you like + there are examples and support forums too. All you need to do is install FL Studio, the visualizer plugin is fully functional and free to use with the demo version.

Download FL Studio:
http://www.brothersoft.com/download-fl- ... 66439.html

Imageline ZgameEditor Visualizer user forums:
http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=1700

ZgameEditor Visualizer Developers here:
viewforum.php?f=11