thisMachine - the jousty cave-mining game,.

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

thisMachine - the jousty cave-mining game,.

Post by jph_wacheski »

here we have a basic demo for thisMachine that I would like to get some test info. from,. just looking to know if/how well it runs on other peoples systems. It is running very well here on a 3.3GHz quad-core machine. WindowsOS only for now.

This is a very-much-in-flux build of a game that is only barely fleshed out,. it does have a base level structure, in that you can attack and defeat the "nest" and then find the "key" and enter the then open portal to the next level. This process loops generating new levels as you go long,. eventually there will be a ramp up of various things like difficulty of the AIs and numbers of objects types of opponents and such to create a progression for a dive into the cave system. The player will start will limited power and need to gain more through play,. currently you get to be quite powerful!

I am thinking now that I will add an "exertion factor",. so flapping and other activities will drain this, and resting will regenerate it. likely the next thing on the long todo list,. anyway, for now can I get a test report after you try it please,. I know lots is broken and/or incomplete,. soon come.

thanks a bunch guys.
Attachments
tM_pix.png
tM_pix.png (178.4 KiB) Viewed 25232 times
thisMachine_protoDemo.zip
just pull the top level folder out and run the .exe
(275.34 KiB) Downloaded 776 times
Last edited by jph_wacheski on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iterationGAMES.com
jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

The game runs really smooth! i like it :D
Hard to understand but addictive xD

System:

-Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
-AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.65Ghz DualCore
-4.00GB RAM (3.50GB Usable)

VIDEO:
http://www.2shared.com/file/k8h0JAiO/VI ... 15126.html

P.S. I couldn't get a screenshot, i got a black screen only :(
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I like it too. Intro effect with iterationgame logo looks very pretty. Feels like you've put a lot of effort into the game, the game world is interesting and makes you want to explore it more.

Some animations looks a bit twitchy here, you might want to try it on another computer in case those effects are unintended.

My system:
- quad core i7
- windows 7
- nVidia nvs 5400m GPU
airpas

Post by airpas »

looks pretty good , congratulation
run smoothly in my system with no problem

CPU : Intel G2020
GPU : NVIDIA GT 610
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Thanks guys,. happy to know it is playable elsewhere.

jonaspm, the level win screen, you defeated the nest! note; I have the amount of creatures set rather low,. this was so I could quickly play-test though levels,. next build will be more populated. ;)

Ville, if that twitching is more pronounced than in my latest videos,. could you describe it in more detail, or post a short video?

I notice that I had the FrameRateStyle was set to free,. (not sure why) I will try SyncedWithMonitor for the next build. I likely have left some animation values not linked to deltaTime, in my building frenzy, I may have to go through and find those oversights.

Thanks again.
iterationGAMES.com
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Runs fine.

Vista
AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 5000+ 2.6 ghz
2 gb ram 32 bit

Radeon x16
"great expectations"
jchp7787

Post by jchp7787 »

this game this being wonderful your style in videogames is amaizing congratulations bro for your work :)
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Thanks jchp7787,

It is always good the hear someone likes what I am attempting to do. I have not gotten back to game development since winter holidays,. been messing around with a bunch of music/sound synthesis stuff,. and dealing with my usual winter case of SADS. eventually I do hope all my works come together in to a project that people enjoy.
iterationGAMES.com