Loose Pixel POW- 3d invaders w/ a catching pods gameplay.

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

turshija

Post by turshija »

really cool effects :)
can you post some *.zgeproj files from your test projects with some nice particle effects or sound effects ? I would like to study them a little bit, and maybe I learn how to make some of those cool effects too :)
jph_wacheski

source code,.s

Post by jph_wacheski »

I realeased a .ZGEproj file here;

viewtopic.php?t=102

for a simple game, Space Fortress Z, to show what i"m doing,. to get different effects just tweek that values till you find what you nee,d. Ville's examples are very helpfull to me,. as he knows how to work his editor best,. I still haven't waded through then all,. that is likely why i ask silly questions,.

the larger the file the more work it is to find stuff anyhow,. if there is something specific ask about that,.
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

update,.

Post by jph_wacheski »

now with a PAUSE mode,. you can actually fly the camera around a bit while the game play is paused! sic,. gave me some great ideas for a little realtime stratagy game that has been kickin around me overactive lazy mind,. could be the next project.
Attachments
loosePixelsPOW_033__window800X600.zip
.exe 800x600 windowed,.
(40.7 KiB) Downloaded 705 times
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

FINNAL (for now) ver. on my site,.

Post by jph_wacheski »

go to http://iterationGAMES.com

to get the current/finnal ver. of this game. and I will leave all the other ver.s here if you are interested in history.
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

UPDATED! - iteration 038

Post by jph_wacheski »

Ok,. an update! now with the new ZGE res. selection,. and my bitmap font too so it is readable under any rez as well,. . I cut out some of the effects,. and changed some stuff a bit,. less messy but still quite a lovely mess!
oh,. and now if you win there is a proper winning screen,. and some bonus particle shows,. at least I hope so I have not been able to beat it,. I also changed the ships contorls to velocity instead of direct movements,. so it should work better if you have v-sink off,. could anyone test that for me? I still cant get that to work on my card,. . cheers!
Attachments
LoosePixelsPOW__038.zip
polished up a bit! by a polish guy,. lol
(45.99 KiB) Downloaded 645 times
Last edited by jph_wacheski on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iterationGAMES.com
turshija

Post by turshija »

works smoothly on my crappy integrated video card, but ... hmm ... where is enemy ? :D
i think you uploaded version without an enemy ... :P
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Quite right! I forgot about the external .txt file,.. Now it is in the zip, and in a folder, so you can just drag the folder out and play.
thanks for pointing that out!
iterationGAMES.com
turshija

Post by turshija »

cool game, as always, but I couldn't manage to beat it ... :D
too many stuff to evade, from all the sides just confuse my brain ... :))))
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

You can use the embedded-property on the File to avoid depending on the file in runtime.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

it has a bit of stratagy to it!
If you shoot nothing, nothing comes at you,. except to slow march of the pixels,. if you shoot constantly you will bring down many pixels,. if you do NOT convert them to green POWs then they will re-spawn on top, and come at you as SWOOERS!
So the stratagy is to shoot, . but not too much ,. while converting Pixels to POWs and try not to let many get past you, so as to avoid an over flow or SWOOERS swiping at you!,. it is not a mindless shooter.

Ville - ah! I thought you added that,. I will do that next update,. !
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

OK,. I really think I am done with this,. for now. lol

Post by jph_wacheski »

I added more explanation text to say what I said in the above reply,.

I re-worked some of the physics to make the Pixles you shoot fly back up the sceen a bit more. This makes the game a bit easier, I think(?). Perhaps too easy now,. but it is more win-able than before,. The basis of the game's difficulty is simple human nature,. ppl tend to just blast the hell out of everything,. and in this game, if you do that, and miss a lot of falling stuff, you are only makeing the game more difficult on yourself,. in this way there is a bit of a lesson in the game design; Use restraint, skill, and some stategy, or you will be overwelmed.

added a new sound when stuff falls of the bottom of the screen,. and tweeked the visules a bit too,. also the required .txt file, for the level layout, in now inbedded into the single file,. much better.

peace.
Attachments
LoosePixelsPOW__041.zip
iteration 41 - it got cleaner, and perhaps easier!
(46.08 KiB) Downloaded 676 times
iterationGAMES.com