Cubenemy : Android game

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

fracteed

Post by fracteed »

Yes, I have been building for the default level 8(2.2) option. I decided to go back to my old build of ZGE as I tried out several of the more recent ones and they all had issues with saving. Now I have it built correctly, so not sure what the issue was...presumably a newer version of the Android SDK clashing with my old project file? The version I am using of ZGE 1.3b is close to a year old, so no doubt there are a ton of changes in the latest one. I have always learnt that it is never wise to update your software mid-project, so this was a case in point!

Is there any way of finding out which build you are using when inside the ZGE interface? It gets difficult when they are all 1.3b.

Since I am at the end on this project I figured I would keep things simple, but thanks for your offer anyway Rado1! I have attached an RC3 build, if anyone has a chance to try it. It has a working multires icon and functioning highscore saving, so I can pretty much consider this done. After publishing the 1.0 on Playstore I can always update it if needs be. Now I just need to do the Youtube trailer after having done some screencapturing using OBS(nice FOSS screncapturing software).
Last edited by fracteed on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fracteed

Post by fracteed »

Ha, it sure took me long enough, but I have finally got the game on Google Play! https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... d.cubenemy

I will update the first post when I update the Windows version to the current version and put it on my site, which I also finally have live:

http://www.fracteed.com

Btw, I just bought the Lenovo Tab2 7" tablet to test on. Wow, for under $100 I am getting a very smooth 60fps. great little tablet for the price for anyone that wants a nice playtest machine for their Android creations. It makes the game much easier to play now, as my older tablet could barely get 45fps.

Thanks to Ville and co for making this cool little game engine! This marks the end of this project for me, but I do have another little Android game in mind that I would like to do with ZGE when I get some time :) I also may do another 10 or so levels in Cubenemy if I get a decent number of downloads...maybe more than 1000....hello world :)
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Hi fracteed, that's great that there is another ZGE game on Google Play, congrats!

BTW after playing several levels on Nexus 7 the background texture became "pixelated", see the attached screenshot.
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
scr.png (649.43 KiB) Viewed 19781 times
fracteed

Post by fracteed »

Thanks Rado1 for the feedback!

No, I have never seen that pixelated issue on any of my devices, nor has anyone else reported it to me. Maybe it is some sort of Android 5.0 quirk?
Does it do this every time and did you ever see it with the RC version you tried previously?

cheers...
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

fracteed wrote:Does it do this every time and did you ever see it with the RC version you tried previously?
I just tested also RC version with the same behavior on Nexus 7. I also tested on Nexus 10 and no problem occurs there. I think it has to do with GPU... different HW, different problems (quite common for various Android devices)...
fracteed

Post by fracteed »

Ok, thanks for testing it. I won't worry about the occasional wierdness, as it is bound to happen on some devices. It is amazing that Android works as well as it does considering the sheer number of hardware variations out there!

Not sure if you have heard about the new Google "Cloud Test Lab", but it sounds quite promising. I noticed a beta signup on the Google Developer Console, but haven't had a chance to look at it. Some more info here:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/05/ ... g-service/