Karamball

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

Imerion

Post by Imerion »

BTW do you have some ideas where to promote (free) indie games?
www.gamejolt.com Could work for the free version, games uploaded there usually get a bunch of people playing them.
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Full version of Karamball v1.2 for Windows has been added to Game Jolt - http://gamejolt.com/games/puzzle/karamball/44566/

In addition, Karamball Free v1.2 for Android has been added to Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... amballFree

Please download and give it good rating, thanks! (Also this is a way how to spread ZGE more among other developers.)
airpas

Post by airpas »

Hi Rado1 , google play said that my device isn't compatible with this version .
i've S2 with android 2.3.6
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

airpas wrote:Hi Rado1 , google play said that my device isn't compatible with this version .
i've S2 with android 2.3.6
The reason is that Google Play requires at least API level 11 (Android 3.0) for tablets. So I compiled officially distributed Karamball with API level 11.
airpas

Post by airpas »

Ah thanks , i have to upgrade to kitkat ;)
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

airpas wrote:Ah thanks , i have to upgrade to kitkat ;)
Yes, I would recommend to upgrade anyway. BTW if needed, I could also create an "unofficial" version for API level 8 and optionally also for armeabi; for now Karamball runs only on armeabi-v7a compatible processors (which are obvious for tablets).
airpas

Post by airpas »

if needed, I could also create an "unofficial" version for API level 8
not needed thanks Rado1 , in fact i am enjoying the pc version , and this game not suitable for phone screens actually, hard to draw lines by finger on small screen , so its good for tablets and pc's.
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

FYI Karamball for Windows has been removed from my private Google Drive, so you can download it from Game Jolt or itch.io since now.
Please support further development by downloading, rating, putting comments or financial donation. Thanks in advance!
PlasticCogLiquid

Post by PlasticCogLiquid »

Super cool project! I love seeing ZGE get used for completed stuff.
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Just bought this on Google Play for my Galaxy Tab 3 8". Works and plays perfectly! Everything is smooth, control is easy and it's fun to play. Nice to see it work so well on a tablet! :D
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Imerion, I'm glad you like Karamball. Tell me when you reach the last level. Then I can add some more levels in consequent upgrade ... also some more object types and later also level editor. BTW you are free to give me any ideas for improvements, report bugs, create own levels, etc.
Rado1

Re: Karamball

Post by Rado1 »

After one year of exposing Android version of Karamball on Google Play I did the following changes:

* Karamball 1.2 Android app became FREE !!! on Google Play.
* Karamball Free 1.2 Android app was removed from Google Play.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

How many downloads did you get previously and did you do any marketing efforts? It seems it is very difficult to make an app get noticed.
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Free + paid Android version up to 20 downloads even if rating was 5. I did no marketing efforts, except of putting references to Google Play from Game Jolt and itch.io where I gave version for Windows.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Less than 20 downloads total during one year? That was worse than I thought. I guess that no one really searches/browse for apps, they either just check what is on the top ten lists, or they find the app via some friend or website reviews.