蝴蝶 / Inner99

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

rrTea

蝴蝶 / Inner99

Post by rrTea »

Here's something I managed to put together during the last two months. It's just my attempt at throwing a few cubes on the screen and rotating them -the first capture can be seen here: gif. Since I'm not a programmer I wanted to keep it super simple (I wouldn't be able to pull off even this if it weren't for the help from the guys in the ZGE chat channel). I also used Rado1's Sunvox library.

Update 1:
Thanks to primarily Kjell's help, the exe still falls within 64kb (the sound library inflates this many times but that was outside of the scope of this project)!

Update 2:
The framerate and code are better, sound is less irritating, some things are rebalanced a bit... It still doesn't do anything fantastic nor spectacular but maybe some fun can be squeezed out of it (once you get the fire rate up)? Here is the end message, after beating level 35:
"…Thanks to: ZGE Chat Channel brigade (Kjell, Shviller), ZGE forum (Rado1 for the Sunvox library). …and authors of ZGameEditor, SunVox and Fony."

Edit: Removed obsolete stuff.
Last edited by rrTea on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:06 am, edited 30 times in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Looks nice and good music but since I can't find my gamepad I could not get past the title screen :)

Can you please add some basic keyboard movement? And also include sunvox.dll in the zip file to make it easier to test.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Thanks, I added the SunVox dll, will add keyboard controls in one of the next builds.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Here goes (updated the attachment in the first post), it should be playable with the keyboard too now. Space to start, Z to shoot, Cursor keys to move.

This build should also run better than the previous one. Other than this it's still all empty but it all works appropriately for v0.01.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Nice! Very cool audio and presentation. Now just make those enemies hostile so that there is a challenge :)
PlasticCogLiquid

Post by PlasticCogLiquid »

This is sweet, keep it going!
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Just tried this. Cool project! Especially the effect on the title screen looked really nice. :)
rrTea

Re: SuperHeli v0.02 (2016,02/20)

Post by rrTea »

Reboot time! Here is a video showing what I currently have on screen:
https://archive.org/details/Capture121
I uploaded it to Archive instead of YouTube to avoid adds (the video is marked as "Test" so Archive will delete it automatically after 30 days).
Imerion

Re: SuperHeli v0.01 (2014,12/13)

Post by Imerion »

Cool! Nice to see you're working on this again, I think it could be fun! :)
rrTea

Re: SuperHeli v0.01 (2014,12/13)

Post by rrTea »

Hi Imerion, thanks for taking a look :)

I uploaded a new video showing an early opening level, nothing spectacular but shows how it works, it's here:
https://archive.org/details/Capture149
Imerion

Re: SuperHeli Sketch

Post by Imerion »

Nice! I liked the screen-crack effect, and how it bounced around when colliding. Some nice particle explosions too. :)
rrTea

Re: SuperHeli Sketch

Post by rrTea »

Thanks Imerion :D I made a new build and made a 2-min cca presentation here:
https://archive.org/details/SupaButterfly

(I marked it as a casual video so Archive will automatically remove it after 30 days.)
Last edited by rrTea on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: Super Butterfly (was Super Heli)

Post by VilleK »

I like the idea of controlling a butterfly instead of a helicopter :). And the explosions look nice.
rrTea

Re: Super Butterfly (was Super Heli)

Post by rrTea »

Ville: thanks for taking a look :D The whole exe is still only 64kb - crazy! (And it'd be even less if it weren't for a few imported bitmaps.) ZGE is the best.
rrTea

Re: Butterfly

Post by rrTea »

The new build contains the first version of level one (10 rooms), it's a bit sketchy but it should work.

Instructions:
Shoot everything! ...try to to clean up all the "noise" tiles before the last "active" enemy is erased (use "souls" for easier cleaning!).
Collect the "souls" of erased enemies so you can use them as powerful rockets. Collect 10 of them and...!
Don't get knocked out outside of the screen borders.

There are a few glitches and obviously many things are missing.
Last edited by rrTea on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.