蝴蝶 / Inner99

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

Imerion

Re: Butterfly

Post by Imerion »

The overworld and intro sections look great. You are really good artist :).
Indeed, that intro looks amazing! Wish I could draw like that. ;)
rrTea

New build

Post by rrTea »

Outdated video, removed. Will upload a better one later!
Last edited by rrTea on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Still looking great rrTea! I see some more polish since the last version. The "level loading" intro looks good, and the logging text in the background fits the style too (or maybe that is just debug info?). Starting to look like a bullet hell kind of game now with nastier enemies :)
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Thanks Ville! The text in the background is not "real" debug info (it can't be read really since I set the resolution of the project so low), there will be more additions like this later (right now I'm just concentrating on designing enemies so the rest has to wait)...
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

You've redesigned your homepage recently?: [edit: removed link]
Lots of nice content there. What other tools do you use for game creation? I'm guessing Gamemaker and Novelty maybe?
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

It was redesigned some time ago. Personally I used to use Games Factory (and its successors) and other engines here and there, but games on that page weren't made only by me (so it's not really "my" page, my work portfolio is on a different URL) :)

I never used GameMaker (tried a few times but it never worked out for me) and don't personally know anybody that uses it... The Novelty-looking project was actually done in RenPy, but I wasn't really involved with that project.
Last edited by rrTea on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
rrTea

Art research

Post by rrTea »

Here is some art research files!
Connections
Connections
剪贴板图片 (5).jpg (94.26 KiB) Viewed 16536 times
Background
Background
剪贴板图片 (6).png (32.9 KiB) Viewed 16518 times
Not really connected with programming but this is what I'm working on right now so here goes :D Obviously it might happen nothing you see here ends up implemented for one reason or another!
Last edited by rrTea on Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Oh, shiny! Very nice! I like this circuit-board dreamscape kind of look you are going for. :)
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Thanks :D Let's hope it will look good once it gets implemented (I'll probably have to change it a bit...).
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

I'm still working on the enemies (very slowly...) so meanwhile - more screenshots! Here's what worked on a few weeks ago (developing the "natural AI" aspect of the setting a bit more). Please ignore the FPS counter :) :
剪贴板图片 (1).png
剪贴板图片 (1).png (85.71 KiB) Viewed 16441 times
The attachment 剪贴板图片 (2).png is no longer available
The attachment 剪贴板图片 (1).png is no longer available
Maybe it's connected with Conway's game? It's a natural fit for the story after all... Simple rules, multiplying,... breeding, cells, plants... trees, "fruits" that grow on them (or in this case the hostile models that have to be deleted ingame)... it all makes sense! ;)
Last edited by rrTea on Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Still looking great :). How many levels are you planning to include in the game?
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Thanks Ville. At the moment I have levels set to 10, each with 10 rooms (so 100 rooms altogether). Right now I count special rooms for bosses (which are not done) and tutorials (also not done) in that number too, maybe I'll have to count them separately later.

At one point I was thinking maybe I should just make animated gifs instead of tutorials since the game is not that complicated (and short animations have other benefits too), but special tutorial-rooms should really help connect with the game (if done well obviously) so I should probably make both!
rrTea

New enemy

Post by rrTea »

(the video is outdated, I'll upload a better one later)

It's still not done but it mostly works (at least I didn't manage to make it crash - and we're still discussing various aspects of this enemy in the chat, so maybe the design'll get changed later). What it does is it chases the player and fires bullets from the sides. The slowness of the enemy really gives it a nightmarish feeling, and once there are two of these on screen, things get really intense - at least that's how I feel while testing it.

At the end of the video I managed to get the head killed (which should have been marked with an extra explosion, but... not done yet) which basically incapacitates the whole body (it breaks apart and each part floats off the screen). For now I just use some placeholder graphics so it's a bit hard to distinguish the head from the tail but I'll work on it. I had to play it extra carefully (especially avoid the head at all costs, one bump into the head and it's over!) because I got hit a few times while playing the previous room before starting to record so it might look a bit boring :D
Last edited by rrTea on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Cool. So is this a boss or a enemy? I think what I like about this game that there is so much attention to detail and it reminds me of wonderful obscure Japanese arcade shooters from the eighties. Any idea when it will be finished? :)
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

It's just a regular enemy, the bosses should be a bit bigger (at least half screen :D) Should be done in some half a year or so, next year in any case.