蝴蝶 / Inner99

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

Rado1

Re: Butterfly

Post by Rado1 »

Unfortunately I cannot download 017up.zip - IE tells "The 017up.zip download was interrupted", Chrome tells "Failed - network error".
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I like it! The graphics and game design are original, the audio works fine, there is some nice "punch" in destroying things, good shooting action!
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi rrTea,

Good number of improvements over the previous version :-) Looking forward to some more difficult levels though ( i did get hit this time .. but mainly due to recklessness ). Here's the recording, hope this gives you some useful feedback.
Rado1 wrote:Unfortunately I cannot download 017up.zip - IE tells "The 017up.zip download was interrupted", Chrome tells "Failed - network error".
I suspect your anti-virus doesn't like kkrunchy :?

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Wow, Kjell shows some expert moves :). That video made me like the game even more. Feels like an old arcade game in all the good ways.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Rado1: As Kjell said it's probably due to kkrunchy.

VilleK: Thanks for the nice words, this project uses only like 1% of ZGE's great power but I hope I'll push it to at least 2% when (if ever) I become a better programmer :D

Kjell: Thanks for the recording, of course it is very useful! I noticed you used the same method for clearing all the levels, did you know you can also launch a soul / follower (like a rocket) or did you just stick with the winning strategy because it's practical? Admittedly using launching makes the opening levels even easier...
Last edited by rrTea on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi rrTea,
rrTea wrote:I noticed you used the same method for clearing all the levels, did you know you can also launch a soul / follower (like a rocket) or did you just stick with the winning strategy because it's practical?
I'm aware that you can launch souls, but that feels like a last resort kind of thing to me ( for example when you're cornered ). The first level for instance requires 8 well-aligned shots ( while there's no real time to assess / plan for this ) in the correct order ( as you don't want any glitch fields to remain when you take out the last enemy ) to clear.

Whereas collecting 10 souls just lets you focus on getting them to spawn close to you / picking them up and not dying.

Even worse in the second level ( because of the 7x8 glitch fields ). Clearing that level by launching souls requires more than 10 of them .. aside from the fact that you would need / want to focus on the glitch fields while you're being shot at. It just doesn't seem like a helpful tool / good strategy.

By the way, what are the stars actually for? :)

K
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Hi Kjell,

I see what you mean, thanks for clarifying (actually it's 5 shots, not 10 - regardless, I get what you mean). Let's hope the level design will be better in the final version!

Stars "repair" the damage (but you got hit only once so didn't need to use them).

Edit: clarification
Last edited by rrTea on Sat May 21, 2016 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

I'm currently working on the overworld part, here's what I currently have on screen:
剪贴板图片 (2).png
剪贴板图片 (2).png (75.01 KiB) Viewed 14943 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Looks cool. Is that for cutscenes between levels? Did you copy that image from somewhere or design it yourself?
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

That's for overworld (where NPCs give you challenges). I drew it.
Last edited by rrTea on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

...and here's the current build! ...

Edit: but by now it's outdated - I'll post the current one as soon as it's ready.
Last edited by rrTea on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:39 am, edited 16 times in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I can see that the overworld sections will give the game a story and additional atmosphere. It looks very promising! I really hope you have the perseverance to finish this game because it is at the polishing stage that many lose interest and abandon their projects. As the saying goes, the last 5% of making a game can take 95% of the time :).
rrTea

Combo system

Post by rrTea »

Here is the newest addition: combo system!By racking up consecutive deletions, combo meter goes up! Which in turn makes it easier to delete even more enemies.

There are other numerous additions to the game but it's mostly graphical so I'm not sure how much is anybody here interested in that kind of stuff?... Things like NPCs and intro for example. Previous month I finished working on the sketch for the intro, now I'm working on the various symbolic "animations" that appear here and there.
Intro start.
Intro start.
剪贴板图片 (1).png (152.54 KiB) Viewed 14653 times
Last edited by rrTea on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

The overworld and intro sections look great. You are really good artist :).

I'm very much impressed how this progress and look forward to the finished game! Keep us updated please. I've said it before, seeing great stuff like this being made with ZGE is what most motivates me to keep working on it.

Are you planning to release this commercially? It looks like the sort of game that I would be willing to pay for.
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

Thanks for the nice words :) Yes I'll try to update it a bit more regularly!

The plan is to release it commercially, we'll see how that goes.