dankCastle - 7dFPS 2014

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

dankCastle - 7dFPS 2014

Post by jph_wacheski »

Here is a 7dFPS entry built with ZGE and SunVox.

http://jph_wacheski.itch.io/dankcastle

Not sure why all me screen grab stuff in not working,. . camera does.
Attachments
screen2.JPG
screen2.JPG (277.67 KiB) Viewed 22340 times
dankCastle_025.zip
(924.55 KiB) Downloaded 705 times
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi jph,

How come there's no collision? Is the environment a single Mesh ( built using a MeshLoop ) or something?

Not a big fan of the mouse-look / camera-rotation "noise" .. it made me think my mouse was acting up for a second. And a option to disable inverted mouse ( y-axis ) would be very welcome :wink:

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Yup, the walls are one mesh generated from an array,. I was just going to do a quick check against the array for the walls,. just have not had the time to set that up. ( I scaled the map at some point and I have to refactor my array-check code for this odd size. or re-scale a bunch of stuff,. . )

The aim-noise is due to the zoom/sniper type game play that was planed. Probably aim-noise would be factored by a stat for cardio,. stopping to rest will get you a more steady shot.

I thought it, but just have not yet added Y invert option,. in next release for sure. (I know it drives me nuts when I can not make my mind flip to the opposite control too)

Basically this is just an unfinished prototype,. I started late, and have other responsibilities. I will keep working on this and see what I can make of it..,
iterationGAMES.com
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Just tried the latest version of this, and it's very impressive! Would be cool to see what it could turn into with more work.

+1 for y-invert option though. ;)