Resource Wars

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

Imerion

Resource Wars

Post by Imerion »

We finally managed to get another project decently finished. :)

Resource Wars is an RTS, without warfare and with focus on resource gathering, upgrading and optimizing.

The Game Jam edition, finished in 72 hours, can be found below. The game is quite complete, but a bunch of features and fixes still remains. The big problem is getting the uploaded build to run at all, as the GameJolt API turned out to be complicated to use. Make sure you read the text on GameJolt. ;)

If you want to try it already you can run the game this way :
"ResourceWars.exe gjapi_username=NAME gjapi_token=TOKEN"

If you want to wait for a less bug-ridden release we will get one out in about a week. :)

http://gamejolt.com/games/resource-wars/80954
Attachments
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (40.04 KiB) Viewed 22020 times
rrTea

Re: Resource Wars

Post by rrTea »

Imerion wrote:If you want to wait for a less bug-ridden release we will get one out in about a week. :)
Yes please :) Hopefully it won't be mandatory to use a GameJolt account, I completely forgot my password (admittedly I have it written in a notebook lying on my desk, but flipping the pages is so hard...).
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

I completely forgot posting about this here, but Resource Wars 1.0, now with loads of fixes, additions and improvements, has been released!
All made with ZGE. Only things left to do is Gamejolt API highscore support. (Local highscore lists are implemented though) and music.

Please try it out! You can find it here : http://gamejolt.com/games/resource-wars/80954
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (42.95 KiB) Viewed 21968 times
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Release 1.1 is here, and contains loads of improvements, additions, tweaks and bugfixes.

As usual, it can be found here : http://gamejolt.com/games/resource-wars/80954

This release also has a touch-enabled Android version. The PC-version is free, while the Android one has a small cost :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rs.e2games
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png (52.47 KiB) Viewed 21936 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I tried it now and I really like it. Good work! First RTS made with ZGE :-)
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Thanks! :D It might not seem like the first choice as the intention has been for more arcade-style games, but I was surprised how well it worked to make an RTS with ZGE. Eveything from the tilemap to the workers was easy and practical to handle. Simply the fact that each model can have several different pieces of graphics attached to it saved me loads of time. :)
rrTea

Post by rrTea »

I finally got a chance to try this, very nice! There were a few bits that bothered me (for example some of the workers "twitch" for a frame or two upon reaching their destination, also the controls didn't feel natural to me), which makes it feel less smooth but that's just a minor observation, not really a complaint. I still didn't manage to see all the modes but overall it's great fun to play!

Sadly I don't have a an Android phone to test it there too but on my PC it runs well and I didn't bump into any bugs.

I got 871 Points on Easy Strategy.
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Thanks! :D

Yeah, that twitch could probably be fixed. Might take a look at that when my current projects are complete. :) As for control, an undocumented feature is that scrolling can be done using arrow keys or WASD. This helps navigating a lot, especially when playing in window mode. :) That only applies to Strategy mode though, since the other two uses a single non-scrolling screen. There is also an option for having workers return to their previous position. It takes some of the micro-management away, but does make the screen a bit less crowded.

Good to know it works well too. I believe that is a good score, but it was quite some time since I played that mode so I can't really remember what scores I had. ;) On Medium I usually get somewhere between 700 - 800.
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Oh, and here is a screen from 1.5. Just for the sake of seeing the progress compared to previous screens. :)
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png (44.96 KiB) Viewed 21100 times