Ion Trail

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

Imerion

Ion Trail

Post by Imerion »

I mentioned this game a while ago, and it has actually been finished for half a year now. Due to some issues with rendering I could not release it for Android as planned so I simply let it rest. But a few days ago I realized that I might as well post the PC version here for you to try! :)

The idea was to make something like the classic OutRun but with a space setting. :)
Attachments
IonTrail.zip
(4.68 MiB) Downloaded 619 times
IonTrail-Screenshot1.png
IonTrail-Screenshot1.png (275.59 KiB) Viewed 22496 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Re: Ion Trail

Post by VilleK »

Cool :). I like the "tutorial" that makes sure the player knows the controls, and also the "Choose path" feature. Indeed reminiscent of Outrun!
zondarg

Post by zondarg »

Wow, this is great :D got lost once in the Dense Nebula and once on the Corona Run. Yes, this "choose your path" is a nice feature! And the space station is awsome! (Where do I find this thumb up emoji here?)

Maybe some background music would make feel it even more complete? Otherwise the sounds are very nice, are they sampled or done with the internal synth?

(And, the Android rendering problems, were they by chance related to the depth sorting of objects with transparency? I already experienced these...)
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Thanks for your nice comments! I'm happy you both tried it. :D

Yes, I have always liked that aspect of Outrun. Adds a small sense of exploration to a simple arcade racer. ;) A few of the paths are harder than others, but at least it is possible to avoid them and try another path next time. :)

I have been thinking about background music, but currently I don't have anyone to do it. It does sound a bit empty though, perhaps I'll experiment a bit. As for the sounds, they are all sampled. Some time in the future I'd like to play around more with the internal synth, but for now they are external.

And yes, it was indeed depth sorting transparent objects that was the problem. But now I know that untill next time. :)
zondarg

Post by zondarg »

Yes, maybe if we ask politely we could persuade Ville to fix the depth sorting on Android somewhen.. :D

As for the music: I do some mod/tracker style music sometimes, if I can help just drop me a message?
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

As for the music: I do some mod/tracker style music sometimes, if I can help just drop me a message?
Cool! Will do if something comes up. :)