Gyro-PhyterNEO- Update w/ MOUSE aiming! Done 4 now,. .

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

MOUSE aiming

Post by jph_wacheski »

I have updated this,. with mouse aiming and a couple small optomizations/fixes,. and of course now with Ville's great ZGE updates you can play in any rez! This should fix the control issues some ppl had, with too many keys being needed to control it previously,. and I think it is actually more fun now,. . it is also ready for gamepad implementation too, ;) can't wait!

Would you guys please test that i have not screwed anything up implementing the new mouse controls,. (delta-time in perticular, as for some reason I have not been able to get my system to run over 60fps,. something lockes it to that,. )

I will work on a new bitmap-font for this, and if all is well, release it on my site,. I forgot to somehow,. . peace.
Attachments
gyro_phyter_neo__041.zip
still under 48 k! humm,., I wanted a larg font., not sure I can do it in 2k..,
(43.22 KiB) Downloaded 772 times
iterationGAMES.com
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

really nice!!! Now what this game needs is rebinding the RMB to granade launcher... If only there was one :P

You could easily add one: hold RMB to charge (one should see somewhere something like a charging bar) then release and the model is spawn with a certain speed. The granade should explode when his height is less than zero or something like that. Several projectiles could been spawn near the impact point towards any direction :)

BTW: 60 FPS limit is imposed by screen refreshing when VSync is turned on. Look at your config of video card to get it at full speed ;)
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Ok here is my new bitFont,. and I did a new title effect,. looks ok,. adding that font did put me over 48 k So I had to go with --brute force! and guess what,. still 46k!! thanks for that one guys,. youall are too danm good to me.

Ha! granade launcher,. nice. I will consider something like that, . or a nice beam weapon! currently RMB un-pauses,. Oh, and ENTER at any time restarts! I may add a mouse sensitivity setting if any one would need this,.

Yeah I have tried turning VSync off,. as Ville and Kjell had suggested that,. however it just don't make any differance here for some reason,. I just haven't taken the time to look throught all the vidCard controls and configs, ect.

Anyone find an issue,. I will post it on my site when i find the time,. got go out of the house and get some sun,. cheers.
Attachments
gyro_phyter_neo__042.zip
now with Bitmap font,. so the text is legable on all rez.s
(43.75 KiB) Downloaded 748 times
iterationGAMES.com
turshija

Post by turshija »

hey dude !
excellent job !
the game looks more attractive and addicting now ... :)
but still much things need to be done ...
first thing is, adding some end game anything :twisted:
when you kill all the enemies, timer doesn't stop, nothing happens ...
maybe add some enemy counter that shows current alive enemy number, and add score (or only kill count) that will show after you finish (or die) ...
Add some power ups too that can be used on RMB ...
for example:
-laser sight
-mine
-rocket launcher
-fast movement
-fast bullets
-heal 100% health

make enemies drop power-up boxes randomly and that you can carry only 1 power-up at the same time until you use it with RMB ...
If I come up with few more ideas, ill post them here ... :)
Cheers
Boris
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

ha! Thanks for the kind words and suggestions. Really, it is just a demo,.
I would like to do many things, but I have to budget my time,. so I will likely get back to adding more stuff to this some point,. Right now, I am just clean it up a bit,. adding the new ZGE rez. select,. and post it on my site as a single level demo,. I will add a "you win" screen with some stats or something first, as you are quite right, something should happen at the end,. however, it should be the next level starting or a big boss!
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

'finnal' ver. ?

Post by jph_wacheski »

Ok,. kiddies,. here is the 'finnal' ver. of this for a bit,. gota move on.
I did add a 'you win' screen., that lets you go back to the title or just restart,. and pimps the iterationGAMES site. I noticed that if you turn off collisions on an appState it gives a nice effect of allowing the player to still move around and no chance of death,. just a fun little niceness at the end.

I will post it on the IG site in a bit,. gotta make a video and some screenies,.

thanks for all the help and comments on this one, and watch for my next project!
Attachments
gyro_phyter_neo__043.zip
just a single level demo,. but is good me thinks,.
(43.98 KiB) Downloaded 819 times
iterationGAMES.com