Artificial Nature - TIGsource Procedural Generation entry

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

there are 2 usefull ways to get a file extremely packed with upx:
The recomended one (in my opinion) is to use the --best option:
upx --best "filename"
If you are desperate, another option (tooks AGES :D something like 5 mins for a 64kb exe) is:
upx --brute "filename"
or
upx --ultrabrute "filename"
Ultrabrute is quite useless because it tries to compress the exe in 72 different ways :D. Brute "only" tries 32 ways.
You can get the full help with:
upx --help

Bye bye!!!

BTW: with --brute on your new release, I got a 58 kb (another classical target, so I think could be compressed: to 55,4 kb in a zip file)
Remember that lower size is _always_ more impressive ;)
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

looks like Artificial Nature will be included on one or more of these magazines;
We publish several computing magazine in France such as: Windows News, Windows XP Magazine, Windows Vista Magazine, Micro Actuel, Internet Pratique, Computer Arts, PC Jeux, Jeux Vidéo Magazine, PSM 2, PlayStation 2 Magazine, Joystick, Kid Paddle, XBox Magazine, Nintendo Magazine, Joypad, Download Magazine, Fiches Pratiques XP.
nice ;)
Viv la france !
iterationGAMES.com
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

Hey, if you need help with models for artificial nature, I will be happy to help you as far as I can creating flowers, bushes or stuff like that using parametric surfaces (like the one I have already posted) or hazardous math ;).
Plus, within one month I will have finished my exams and I will start trying making another great effect (will require FAST vertex shaders :P) and adding a BIG feature ZGE is currently lacking :) Bye bye!
jph_wacheski

word still spreads,.

Post by jph_wacheski »

still gettin' loads of press on this,. good for ZGE i hopes.,

http://gamin.ru/2008/06/25/procedural-g ... st-pervaya
"Very simple, small, but pleasant game in spirit демосцены. We operate самолетиком, we shoot (ЛКМ), we select asterisks and we carry on base (ПКМ). Our enemy - the strange essence rushing us by dragonflies and the reduced copies. It has reminded something to me Dr. Blob’s Organism. But if to speak about the game, it much more freely, more beautifully and more easy."
robo translation!
iterationGAMES.com