The Machine Elves - Under the Chrysanthemum Dome

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

thanks diki! I was not aware of that german keyboard issue,. I will add control as a fire as well. You have a good eye,. as that two-sidedness is just what I was considering,. . I got the fillaments to die away as you destroy the top one and the boss part move to the next lower one,. it will take a bit more work to get that to look good,. I still am thinking to add a Yars Revenge style gameplay element,. perhpas as you pick up a number of those dark pods (fish eggs?) an object will spawn that lets you launch a spark/missle at the boss,. . as you can see this is half digital art and half game and I work on the differeing elements in an alternating fashion,. when I realised I would not make the IGF deadline I think it freed me to do more what I like,. than what I think other ppl like,. and I think I will keep moving in that direction.
iterationGAMES.com
diki

Post by diki »

i can only encourage you in that direction; too often graphics are only used as a display, while they can actually make for very interesting sources of gameplay themselves.

(my favourite example is the old QIX game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qix), where the game rules practically force the game field to turn into a graphic design that still holds all the semantics necessary to play the game; it might as well be that the rules were derived from the graphics.)
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

ah yes,. the QIX is a classic,.

here is a bit more experimentation,. .

I did some stuff to get the player moving back and forth between the two sides,. I will let you figure them out!

cheers
Attachments
Filaments_038.zip
.exe of the new stuff,. .
(35.15 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

zone two - Filements

Post by jph_wacheski »

ok I belive this one is 'done',. well it is for today anyway,.

I am going to go back and finnish up the other two Zones,. and also begin integrating the menu/title and loading sequence,. . that may be a bit of work, as i have developed all the elements separately and will need to integrate them,. I suspect lots of conflicing names and such,. and I would like to not have too much duplicated media,. this will be like kniting and whittling at once,. but it seemed easier when building each level/part t okeep them separtate,. guess I will find out!
Attachments
Filaments_042.zip
.exe for zone two done. mostly.., can you beat it?
(36.66 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

done. again! lol

Post by jph_wacheski »

OK this is really the demo, as I am on to something else for a bit (lockOn2!). I added a bit of life to the player,. a blinking eye like in The Life in Matter,. and a basic title. I will post this one on my site, and get back to adding the other zones later.
Attachments
theMachineElves_058.zip
single level demo
(38.79 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

The thrust-flames and eye on the player-model are great additions.