Some platform-like game ... one day hopefuly ... :)

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

turshija

Some platform-like game ... one day hopefuly ... :)

Post by turshija »

I just came by to post something small I've been working on in the last few hours, so that you don't think I died or something ... :)
I'm not active as some of the people here on forum, but I login almost every day or two, to read the posts and to see if there's anything new ... :)
So, anyway ... I started making some clasic platform game out of boredom, and I think I could use ZGE powers to make it unique one day ... Hope so ... :oops:
So I'll post what I have now, that looks like any other game based on the same gameplay ...
If you have any suggestions, just say it ... :)

Controls:
A,D - Left, Right
W - Jump
M - change camera

Debug controls:
B - skip level
Up arrow - fly :)
Attachments
game.zip
(51.41 KiB) Downloaded 755 times
turshija

Post by turshija »

fast update, already ! :)
with fancy menu, and wall jump fix ...
Attachments
game.zip
(52.02 KiB) Downloaded 798 times
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hey Boris,

Nice start! Some suggestions.

- Use a floor state in which the player follows moving platforms he's standing on until a certain velocity threshold. This makes the player able to stand on platforms while they're going down as well.

- Let the camera target be somewhat dependant on the player's movement. Currently the camera is always trailing upon movement, while you probably want it to show more of the level in the direction you're moving towards.

- Maybe it would be nice to let the player move the camera target down a little when holding the down button for a while when standing on a floor?

Keep it up!
K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

tehe,. I really like the Indiana Jones part on level 3! nicely done,. platforming is such a common style in indie games it is good to see someone else doing it in ZGE,. . I agree with Kjell about tha camera. should be tweeked a bit more to get a more agreable tracking system for the player,.
Do keep at it and release a nice game soon. p.s. sounds can help make it more interesting,. .
iterationGAMES.com
turshija

Post by turshija »

thanks for suggestions ... :)
jph_wacheski wrote:p.s. sounds can help make it more interesting,. .
yeah, I know, but I still haven't got enough time to study sound, so I will need help soon ... :)
slobu

Post by slobu »

This is awesome! Keeps my interest in ZGE as platform style games are a favorite. I grew up with NES not C64 or Amiga so the UP key to jump is awkward. Also, variable jump would be nice. You know - depress the jump key longer for a more powerful leap.

Truly nice work!
r0cko

Post by r0cko »

I like this one :D shows potential. 8)