Retroid (with source)

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

ithamore

Retroid (with source)

Post by ithamore »

I've been working on Retroid for TIGSource's Demake Compotition. It's a pseudo-low res Metroid demake. I've attached a screenshot and a zip containing the exe, zgeproj, and txt's. This is the newest version: a pre03 prototype.

Controls:
< right
> left
Z1 jump
X2 shoot
^ shoot up

Thanks and enjoy.
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
Retroid ss2.jpg (21.13 KiB) Viewed 12339 times
Retroid03.zip
game files
(53.28 KiB) Downloaded 892 times
Last edited by ithamore on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Nice work. Thanks for sharing the source too, that can help other ZGE-users.

If you have time later when you have finished the game I'd appreciate if you report any bugs/suggestions from your first experience in using ZGE.

And welcome to the zge-forums, btw ;)
ithamore

Post by ithamore »

Thank you for the compliment and especially for all the work you've put into the software and the ZGE community.

I plan to keep a somewhat parallel update on the game's progress both here and at the forums for TIGSource.

I've attached the Prototype03 version, which only includes very minor changes to the version in my post above. Before I move on to a Beta version, I want to add at least 1 or 2 more enemies, more items besides life boosts, and an end boss (mini-bosses will probably have to wait until after the contest is over).

The code, for now, is not well organized, but I hope to clean it up and add more comments after the contest is over.

VilleK: As for "bugs/suggestions," would you prefer that I mention them in this thread, a separate one, or PM them to you?
Attachments
Retroid03.zip
Game Files
Version: Prototype03
(53.43 KiB) Downloaded 838 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

ithamore wrote:VilleK: As for "bugs/suggestions," would you prefer that I mention them in this thread, a separate one, or PM them to you?
I'd prefer if you could make a new thread in General Discussion or Feature Requests. That will let other forum users discuss the issues too.
ithamore

Retroid Prototype05

Post by ithamore »

While the voting is now going on at TIGSource, I'm going to update my progress here. If you want to vote, you really should do so based on the Prototype04's progress in its thread back in the TIGSource forums. Here's a link to the download.

Retroid05 has only a little progress over 04, such as lava, and this zip includes contains 2 versions with the "boss" that can't shoot correctly. It's supposed to be shooting at the player. I also included Linux and OS X builds, but they've not been tested. And there's a ReadMe (finally), which describes which letters to change in the layout text files for those who like fiddling with that sort of thing. I also left the layout files with doors to C2 and C3 at the beginning to let anyone who just wants to quickly jump ahead to them.

Thanks.
Attachments
Retroid05.zip
(316.59 KiB) Downloaded 867 times
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

nice to see someone else working on a platformer,. keep at it ,. I like the spooky ambiant music,. fun to do with the sound system,. you could add a restart key,. I like to use enter, just to reset the whole thing if you die or get stuck.
iterationGAMES.com
ithamore

Post by ithamore »

jph_wacheski wrote:nice to see someone else working on a platformer,. keep at it ,. I like the spooky ambiant music,. fun to do with the sound system,. you could add a restart key,. I like to use enter, just to reset the whole thing if you die or get stuck.
Thanks.

I'm planning on reloading the current corridor when the player dies or a respawn key. I'll finish working on the boss first (which is finally shooting at the player decently) and then add some sort of restart to push this on to an alpha version.

On a side note, I find your ZGE work very interesting and inspiring.