Simple Shooter

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

diki

Simple Shooter

Post by diki »

hi,

now that i've been using ZGE for some time, i guess i should post the first small project i've done with it; it's pretty much the first thing that comes to mind: a shooter, of course! :)

the time in which i was able to build this implies that it's the kind of structure that ZGE is really very good at. i'm no math genius either, so don't expect any fancy generative graphics (generative yes, fancy no). i also built this as a sort of framework in which i can try out different things / rule variations; so it can hardly be called a 'finished' game, especially since i stopped tweaking the difficulty when i realized that i could be doing that for weeks ;).

anyway, maybe some other newbies like me also find it motivating to have something like this to point at, with a friendly sticker attached to it that reads '2-4 days work, no previous experience required'.
Attachments
focus.zip
Controls: Mouse to Move, LMB to Shoot, RMB to Lock Aim
(39.28 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
Last edited by diki on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jph_wacheski

cool game.

Post by jph_wacheski »

nice! this is very difficult,. :D I like the high score feature,. it took me like 50 playes to break 50 points,. but those games where mostly quite short!
perhaps an auto fire feature would work here as I didn't notice any drawback for always fireing? RMB could toggle it on off.

thanks for posting it,. I would like to see more games posted. ., but i fear ppl are shy,. or something.
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Cool! I like the explosions and the stress of being under constant attack from the enemies. Some simple sound effects would be a nice addition.
diki

Re: cool game.

Post by diki »

jph_wacheski wrote:perhaps an auto fire feature would work here as I didn't notice any drawback for always fireing?
i intended the explosions to be visually distracting, so that constantly firing would make it more difficult to see & dodge the enemies. i guess they are not distracting enough :)