matrix royalty - a light painting,. .

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

matrix royalty - a light painting,. .

Post by jph_wacheski »

Here be just another Light Painting (or screensaver if you want to b crass),. I was likeing the motion i found here,. give a look.
I notice that the .scr is less smooth then the .exe (so both here, to test!) perhaps you will not notice but I think this just pushes the limit of my hardware and the .scr stutters a bit while the .exe is nice an smooth,. only thing i can think of is that the .scr is constanly polling the mouse movements to decide to quite or not?? I had noticed this previousely that in some cases moving the mouse seems to cause slowdow,. even when it is not addressed in the project,. perhaps this is a window$ issue,. ?? me just find it strange is all,. anywho, enjoy the painting,. I do suggest some music as it is silent,. I get the bulk of mines from here; http://blentwell.com
Attachments
matrix_royalty_002.zip
has .scr and .exe of same project,. anyone else notice a performance difference???
(67.64 KiB) Downloaded 604 times
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I'm guessing the slowdown you get is because of an extra Windows "sleep" call I have in the screensaver-engine to avoid using 100% cpu in screensaver, but that is probably unnecessary now when we have the new fps-controlling properties. Nice "painting" jph!
diki

Post by diki »

hi jph,

i really like the blur-like qualities of the image; are you creating it just by layering transparent sprites? sometimes it looks so smooth that i am almost thinking you somehow access the last rendered image and blend it over - but that is not yet possible with zge, is it? :)
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

yup, this is just an alpha blend of the same generated bitmap,. of course they are rendered on wavy nets with a bunch of animated movements,. I am trying to balance the cpu load currently with the bitmap being animated as well,. or regenerated every step that is. it will be a good effect for full wall projection in a club with loud music!

You can in fact turn off the screen clear between frames to get some cool feedbacks.,. it is an app setting called "ClearScreenMode". However, it would be much nicer if we could render to a buffer (or a few) and then we could get full screen effects using shaders and such,. <hint hint> ;)
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi guys,

A FBO Component would be sweet indeed 8)

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

yes FBO for sure,. blums and blurs,. and stranger things too,. .

here is another ver. of the above with the bitmap being rewriten,. may bog slower machines., but it does look more interesting,. imho.
Attachments
matrix_royalty_004.zip
.scr, 800X600, fullscreen,. .
(34.31 KiB) Downloaded 604 times
iterationGAMES.com
slobu

Same performance for me..

Post by slobu »

A bit slow on a FX5200 AMD 3400+ system for both 002 and 004 builds. Same performance on .SCR and .EXE. Neat graphics.

Not complaining about the speed. Just posting my end-user experience of the performance of .SCR and .EXE builds :)