Coleco Combat

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

Coleco Combat

Post by jph_wacheski »

When I was up north at my bros we where talking about some of the first video games we ever had,. I had totally forgotten about the Coleco Combat! it was right between Telstar Pong, and Atari 2600,. for me anyway. Too bad I didn't hold on to the hardware,. $390.00 on ebay,. Crazy!!!

Anyhow, here is a little remake,. not sure if it is at all close to the original as I can not find much info to go on,. so from my memory.., it is just the 'best' of the 4 'games' the guided shots one,. . need two people to play it,.( could try to code an AI! ) perhaps this would be a fun starting point for some networking additions to ZGE?,. if any one is interested in attempting that, just let me know,.

made a few little modifications to the original; now you get more points by collecting the bits that come apart when you blast the other guy,. also you can shoot your own bits to stop the other guy from getting them,. could add loads of stuff from here,. . I'll see what time if find to play with this,.

have fun,.
Attachments
coleco_combat_021.zip
36k and cheeper than the 4 bills for the hardware!
(35.84 KiB) Downloaded 670 times
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Never tried (or heard of) the hardware before, but I remember "Combat" for 2600 which was just like this. I like that you change the background color when generating mazes, it has the same feel to it when choosing between different play modes on 2600. The homing shots are exactly like I remember them too.

Psyke

Post by Psyke »

Man, I loved your example, that game is so classic, great work dude ;)
diki

Post by diki »

thanks for the great game, jph! the guided shots are indeed the most fun; i had some good laughts playing it with my little brother :)