Anitya :: an echo sequencer

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

Anitya :: an echo sequencer

Post by jph_wacheski »

I was going to build a little sequencer to make some array data for music to use in the tube shooter,. however I got happily side-tracked into this,. it is an ambiant 'echo' based squencer. I belive it is somewhat like Bloom an i-phone app eno designed,. however I have not had a chance to use that one so this well have to be a bit different,.

I was starting to add some controles to the basic note drawing setup however there is a rounding error coming in,. Up/down arrow keys let you adjust the echo rate,. see the rounding error? the keys do echo+=0.1; echo-=0.1; should i use integers and then multiply?

anyway, I find this to be a nice way to compose music that just eats iteslf after a few seconds,. so 'Anitya' or impermanence is the name,. .

CONTROLES;
LMB makes regular notes
RMB notes are 5X as long

the higher on the screen the higher the pitch,. the closer to the center of the screen the longer the notes persist, and this also effects the PW of osc1,. I am still working out how the sounds will be controled/edited and what should be adjustable., as once you start with this type of thing you soon realize the possibilities are multitudinous,. so I will just provide a 'nice range' of settings and leave it at that,. . enjoy.
Attachments
EchoSketch_005.zip
.exe a sound sequenceing instrument?
(35.52 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

It's very fun to play around with, jph. Some great stuff can spring out of experiments like this.

Just so that I understand the rounding error thing: you have a DefineVariable of float type and then you use a RenderText to display it? With a floatmultiply value of 1000? I see that it always ends with 999, is that the problem?
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

yes, 10,000 actual, I forgot that,. I was just trying to figure why it was jumping from 19 to 21,. so I added the zeros to have a look. guess I should avoid fractions for things like that eh.

Also, does anyone know a program to capture sound output digitaly? perhaps it would be even better to play it loud throught an amp and get some analog ambiance added and re-record it using a mic and another device... just a concept.
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:?:

You mean recording the audio output of a PC on that same PC? Just use Audacity and set the Recording Options in Windows to Stereo Mix ( don't forget to mute the Mic and Line-In ), it should just grab the data straight from the sound buffer.

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

ah great Kj! knew it could be done just never looked for an app. and low and behold I already have it on my machine ! Sweetness :)
iterationGAMES.com