machine_intellect - another lightpainting (.scr)

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

machine_intellect - another lightpainting (.scr)

Post by jph_wacheski »

I am working on some games,. really I am!,. but I have had a few good ideas for simple light-paintings,. and so here is another one.

I started converting this into a game, but so far it is a basic 'frogger' clone,. although completely abstracted,. I will post that in a few days,. after I have added a bit more 'fun' to it,. . thinking some bomberman, and pengo elements perhaps,. will be old skool gameplay with nice color hi-res alpha-blended smoothed out graphinks!

reason; they are playing all the StarTrek movies this week here as a build up to the new films theatrical release,. . and I have been watching some,. for the cool art design elements,. I like a lot of the ships controls that show up in the backgrounds,. . such was the insparation for this one! also I did something like this back in 05 in GM;

http://iterationgames.com/surface_of_ma ... ct_005.zip
Attachments
machine_intellect_006.zip
a .scr file
(45.8 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Nice! I can see the frogger-element in there as well as the design inspiration from old space movies. And not too distracting either, just like a good screen saver should be.

About flashing lights in movies you get me thinking about the WOPR. I remember watching that movie wondering what was the use of those blinking lights. The answer is of course: none! But they look real cool. :)