unnamed shooter,. . demo (Tesla Arc?)

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

unnamed shooter,. . demo (Tesla Arc?)

Post by jph_wacheski »

Here is that little forward scrolling shooter I did this week,.(too late for gamejolt :( ) It is still just a basic demo,. the scoreing system is not implemented yet (but i have some ideas!) as well as some planed pattern based attckers to shoot at,. but as usual I get side-tracked in building some odd mechanic that is tough to balance,. in this case a shot magnetron sytem!,. anyway, I like this game so far, and will do a bit more before releasing it proper. I post it here for the ZGE crue to test and maybe get some feedback from you'all.., peace.

ARROWS to move. (no inertia=direct movement!) side-screen wrap around in effect!

Z to fire,. limited NUMBER of active missles.

X to activate 'magnatron',. pulls missles (and powup pods) NOTE; this is now limted and you need to collect the pods to fill the meter!!
Attachments
arc_angle_018.zip
.exe shooter 50k
(48.22 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

i021 - now with petterned wallpaper in space ??

Post by jph_wacheski »

a new ver. I am getting happy with the basic system now. I think I will have it run on a distance measure for level changes,. the score is currently just a distance, giving a basic 'game' of see how far you can get.

The new array editor is quite fun to edit little tunes with,. the music here is up to 6x16x4 note parts I had set it up as 8x16x4 so a couple more patterns and that should be the music for level 1,. (they just randomly jump from pattern to pattern) hopefully I will get a few levels or phases and a boss or mothership of some sort. perhaps different wallpaper patterns to spice it up..,

Does anyone know af a shooter like this with an bullet attracting mechanic? I can't think of one,. just wundering if it is novel or an unitentional riff on something I don't quite recall? whatever,. the ZGE behaviors make it easy to devise intereting movements of things based on other things. thanks Ville!

Oh and my new idea for this is that it I will try to get it installed into the Arcade Cabinat the HandEye Society is building., (TIGRAC) it will be installed in various locations around Toronto and feature some local indie games! I have always wanted to do that.
Attachments
arc_angle_021.zip
.exe 51kb
(49.59 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
iterationGAMES.com
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Well, like the first one, it just won't run. I set the resolution and then get the "... has stopped running. Windows is checking ..." message.
"great expectations"
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

humm,. I wunder whats up with your system, it really don't seem to like ZGE stuff eh. I played this on a Vista running laptop last night, at the Hand Eye Society [ http://handeyesociety.com/ ] social,. got a solid 63fps(?) there,. and I am building it here on an older XP machine and runs great too.
Attachments
arc_angle_021_fixedFULL.zip
Try this ver. it has no screen dialog and sets to desktop rez.
(49.38 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

i've got what I think may be the first phase,. the 'score' is really a measure of distance traveled for now and this section goes to 444. I like the graphics and sounds and the game play here, . although I do find it a tad difficult to get to the end, it is always down to stupid, often greedly motivated moves on my part that I loose. I still need to work out a scoring system, and I am considering a 'focuss' button that halves the player speed. may try just adding that on the Magnatron button? anyway have a go and lot me know what you think.

possible name; "The Opium Wallpapper Wars"

lol. maybe not.
Attachments
arc_angle_028.zip
. exe with screen settings dialog.
(51.68 KiB) Downloaded 636 times
iterationGAMES.com
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

I am still not quite happy with the play mechanic in this yet but I do see the promise of the system,. here is a possible next level mock-up. I am realy liking the bitmap that is generated here. The mouse tilts and shifts the backdrop,. that will be tied to some element of gameplay eventualy.
Attachments
SKULLmASK_004.zip
.exe level mock-up
(32.66 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I agree, very nice design on that bitmap. I'm currently redecorating my kitchen so I've had to choose new wallpaper for the kitchen-wall and browsed through hundreds of designs, your bitmap reminds me of a spooky wallpaper :)