Dang Moles Game

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

goldenxp

Dang Moles Game

Post by goldenxp »

I'd like to share the first thing I built with ZGE.
No moles and no usable hammers yet. I'm modeling everything in ZGE which is quite the trip.
Attachments
DangMolesGame.zip
(50.36 KiB) Downloaded 722 times
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

8)

Great choice for a first project. ZGE is perfectly capable of doing everything you want in a whac-a-mole game with ease. In case you do happen to run into any problem / obstacles, feel free to ask for help.

Good luck ~
Kjell
diki

Post by diki »

it's looking pretty good already, especially the grass. just wondering: did you let the framrate run free, or is the geometry using a lot of faces? it currently requires the attention of an entire core on my processor :)
goldenxp

Post by goldenxp »

That's interesting. The frame rate is set to SyncedWithMonitor. It's not a lot of polygons. The grass is a series of stacked planes (Nets) with transparency based on procedural noise.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yeah, the grass looks real nice. It only takes 2-3% cpu time on my computer, but if you are using RenderNet combined with an RenderVertexExpression that uses the noise-functions then that can be quite performance heavy if the net is made of many vertices.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

I like it, yup the grass does look good! If the nets are all at the same z could you not just compute the transparency mixing in the actual texture inplace of doing it realtime? using bitmap load perhaps,. ..
iterationGAMES.com
panurge

Post by panurge »

nice project, and
If the nets are all at the same z could you not just compute the transparency mixing in the actual texture inplace of doing it realtime?
quote.

Anyway, i noticed that the camera slighly moves when you change the selected point (just a single pixel shift): was it meant for some reason?
goldenxp

Post by goldenxp »

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
The Net has an X and Y count of 3 and there are 4 of them. The noise is built with a BitmapExpression and textured onto the nets. There is no vertex displacement occurring so it shouldn't be too intensive.
The camera moves slightly so the motion has a little more impact. It's purely cosmetic; I feel it is better compared to a static camera. Is it bothersome? It probably will not be too noticeable once there is action going on in the game.
Thanks