Introduction - Zarg / nStream

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

Lupo

Introduction - Zarg / nStream

Post by Lupo »

Hi !

(Let me introduce myself.)

I programed prototypes of 3d games for several years, but with little or no time to program, its difficult to find time for your hobby (of course that family, friends, fulltime job and such are always first), but always I got stuck with some nasty bug or leaving a project for a couple of month and then it was really hard to start it again.

I started using Pascal, then move to allegro & djgpp then to SDL, then to Python + Pyopengl, then move to Python+Soya3d, then Panda3d, then I tried GlBasic with mixed results.

A couple of months ago I found jph's VectorLocust (I love 3d vector games), and I find this litlle logo at the start of the game "Z something" and I started to search what engine was that.

I downloaded it, try it and I wandered (anonymously) the forums for a couple of weeks searching for info and keep trying and ...

...suddenly I fall in love with ZGE... let me tell you, your work is Amazing!

Thanks for ZGE!

(and thanks jph for your games, your work is inspiring.)

Now I can hack a proto in a week, create all the content myself and I'll start porting a couple of games that I liked.

I attached a couple of pics of the games I'm working right now (a remake of targ) and a racer ( a-la-tron), more info soon.
Attachments
zarg.jpg
zarg.jpg (23.06 KiB) Viewed 12742 times
nstream.jpg
nstream.jpg (20.13 KiB) Viewed 12742 times
Close, but not there yet.
jph_wacheski

Greetings

Post by jph_wacheski »

Welcome Lupo, glad you found us! Indeed, the reason all my ZGE games say 'made with ZGameEditor' is that i hope more ppl will find this amazing tool for efficiently building stuff,. your screens look cool, hope to see some demos soon,. post any problems or questions you have and we will try to help,.
peace.
iterationGAMES.com
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

Welcome Lupo! It's always nice when someone found this little (and amazing, IMHO) project. Yes, we are trying to use JPH as the main advertisement for ZGE.
I am one of the "collaborators" of the ZGE... As you might already know, the CEO here is Ville and in some way we try to contribute his work with some code, or pre-fab scripts. (ZGE is OpenSource and programmed in Delphi, so if you need to add something and you already know how to code a little in Object Pascal, you will be able to add functionalities as a sharm!)
Your screens looks really good! I hope to see some demos soon, too.

Feel free to discuss about anything, and don't be scared by asking for help ;)
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Lupo!

Any chance we'll see a port of ..

Ah .. the good old days :wink: I accidentally wrecked my TH55 some time ago, so I had to dust of my TG50 to bridge the gap until the release of the Pre in Europe.

Welcome to the boards ~
Kjell
Lupo

:)

Post by Lupo »

:)

Yes, indeed!

I cannot recall exactly the year, but Caverns of Kalisto, was my first game for the Palm, the second was something called "P-Targ" a clone of Targ (by Exidy) and I'm working right now on the remake.

BTW Thanks Kjell / kattle87 / jph for your tips and comments over the board, they were very helpfull in understanding how ZGE works.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Welcome Lupo!

It's always fun with new users to the forum and your projects looks very interesting! And I believe you are the first forum-member from Uruguay :) . It's nice to get in touch with people from all over the world that share interest in game development.

As others have said, feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions! Development of ZGE goes in intervals of sometimes slow activity but I read all the posts and never ignore suggestions even if they may take some time to be implemented in one form or another. And if you or anyone you know is experienced in Delphi programming then you are also welcome to participate in ZGE Open Source development.
Lupo

New screnshots!

Post by Lupo »

I could do more dev in the last couple of days. I hope I could sustain the pace :) :) :)

Maybe a playable demo next week ;)

BTW I'm happy with the last beta version. Great work Ville!
Attachments
ns1.jpg
ns1.jpg (8.79 KiB) Viewed 12614 times
ns2.jpg
ns2.jpg (21.4 KiB) Viewed 12614 times
Lupo

Another version of n-stream

Post by Lupo »

Its very unplayable at the moment.
The idea is to follow the line/stream with your "bike".
Attachments
nstream_015.zip
(45.18 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

interesting,. the angle is disconcerting at first as the keys are not aligned,. I wanted the right arrow to move it 'forward',. but not a problem once you figure it out.
If you render the streams with Zbuffer turned off (and perhaps w/ alpha blending on for a color mixing look) you will do away with the overlap noise that the streams currently generate. Or, another way to possibly fix that is to use a micro z offset so they are not in the same z plane.
iterationGAMES.com