Moires for Metatron - screensaver

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

Moires for Metatron - screensaver

Post by jph_wacheski »

Moires for Metatron is a little study in moire pattern interference,. .
a simple grid pattern of dots is offset rotated and interesting geometric paternes emerge,.

WARNING: may cause seizures !
Attachments
Moires4Metatron.zip
.scr file to zone out to,. . (smoke a bowl!)
(48.09 KiB) Downloaded 592 times
iterationGAMES.com
diki

Post by diki »

nice! i really like the depth this creates when multiple layers zoom slowly; like a starfield with more volume. i also enjoy the suble colors shifts inside the circles when they are larger / blurry, reminds me of looking up into the sun through the leafs of a tree - very beautiful! and there's a good bit of variation to it, too.

my only gripe would be the rapid & abrupt changes, rotations and pattern switches that happen suddenly and move too fast. maybe there is a way to transit more gracefully through the patterns? i personally find it easier to stay in the zone when looking at smooth movements ;)

btw, 'metatron' sounds like an interesting game, too.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:)

Agreed, both the abrupt changes and the bokeh effect ( i'm a total sucker for lens effects in general ).

Another neat addition to your mega-screensaver pack :wink:

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Thanks guys, I think it depends on what style of music you are listening to,. I was hearing some glitchy/broken-beat/noise,. and the first ver. matched those tunes nicely,.
In an attempt to try to smooth it out some, I listend to some ambiant stuff, however I think I just got cought up messing with colors and random randomizasions and things,. it is a tad smoother, give it a looksee,. . I will probably do a few more versions of this, as it is fun to mess with,. eventualy I should hit on a nice mellow one,.
Attachments
Moires4Metatron__2.zip
.scr - Third (A)Eye Opening Edition
(48.46 KiB) Downloaded 596 times
iterationGAMES.com