Midi-playback demo

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

Midi-playback demo

Post by VilleK »

Here is a small application demonstrating the new midi-file playback feature of ZGameEditor.

The zip-file contains both an exe-file and the application source file for ZGameEditor.

The application plays an imported midi-file and displays some simple graphics.
Attachments
MidiTest.zip
Contains exe and .zgeproj file
(38.27 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

ok, this is interesting,. I have messed around with your example and figured some stuff out,. the instruments are used in the order they appear in the editor, based on the channels,. I was not sure how this was linked up at first.
I like that you can get some info from the midi as it plays and that there is an OnPlayNote event! this will be rather usefull for integrating music into the game play,. . So if I have my base drum sound on ch0 then by checking Music1.NoteChannelParam on the OnPlayNote I can create shots every time the drum kicks,. i think,. will test. I will have to find a midi program that is simple enouph to use here,. as all I will want is a few channles of notes and to be able to edit and see the info.. most apps that I have tried are way too comlicated for the basic info I would want,. but I will look some more.
Attachments
MidiTest__003.zgeproj
tweeked ver. - to show more info.
(6.36 KiB) Downloaded 769 times
iterationGAMES.com