Toyland Shooter

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

darkhog wrote:I have idea: How about building gun, so we can make fortifications?
Interesting idea which should be taken into account. However, I cannot imagine how it would behave. In games like Minecraft, or edit mode of Sauerbraten you have predefined grids where to place objects/cubes; there is no such a concept in Toyland Shooter. Any pointers where I can find inspiration for this feature?
darkhog wrote:Also, will it have online multiplayer?
This was not planned, at least not for the 1st release. Toyland Shooter was meant as a small offline game. Development and running a server would be too complicated. Another problem is implementation of client in ZGE with the current possibilities of networking. I'm afraid it would be difficult too and probably a new networking library should be adopted for this purpose. Such a library should work on Windows as well as on Android. I'm not sure there is something suitable, actually, I have not searched yet.
darkhog

Post by darkhog »

Rado1 wrote:there is no such a concept in Toyland Shooter. Any pointers where I can find inspiration for this feature?
Mmmm... Garry's Mod (specifically prop spawning)?

Also for MP, that was just idea. If it isn't feasible, don't do it.
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Garry's Mod is cool... but I'm afraid it is difficult to implement it in ZGE for one developer. Anyway, my future plan is to integrate Toyland Shooter with "on the fly" editor, similarly to Sauerbraten. So during playing you can switch to the editing mode and modify existing scene, create a new one, load, save, etc. and switch back to the playing mode. This will also be very convenient way of creating and debugging levels.
darkhog

Post by darkhog »

Well, Garry's mod was initially done by one person.

And I'm not talking about adding things like Wiremod, as it wouldn't make sense. Just spawning props as in GMod, even if there would be like 2 or even 1 to fortify your position.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi guys,

A spawn-gun like in Garry's Mod is really easy to do actually. But you should only add mechanics that will improve your game, not because they are easy to implement :wink:

K
Rado1

Post by Rado1 »

Kjell wrote:A spawn-gun like in Garry's Mod is really easy to do actually.
All these menus and selection of objects, visual manipulation of spawn objects, their connection with physics constraints, hmm... not so easy in ZGE. I watched this video.
darkhog

Post by darkhog »

Well, we do not all of this actually. Only part of it, like spawning cubes (or other shapes) on top of each other. For visual manipulation I dunno actually, and physics constraints could be done using Bullet's joints.
PlasticCogLiquid

Post by PlasticCogLiquid »

Do something with this! It's criminal if you don't!