Black Bullet Hell - android for now,. PC later perhaps.

Post screenshots, binaries and projectfiles of the projects you have made with ZGE that you want to share!

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

Black Bullet Hell - android for now,. PC later perhaps.

Post by jph_wacheski »

I am reworking by game Black Bullet Hell (old GM game) for android controls and updated visuals. I still have some glitch where the player sometimes jumps,. but it is playable.

I would like to get some test reports about any issues with the rendering on different devices. I am using ClearScreenMode!=0 to get this slight screen burn effects,. I am not sure all devices will work with this setting?

Anyway still just a prototype, I will be adding some SunVox music to the levels., etc. Currently pressing 'start' gets you one level and 'options' gets you a different one. (still working one the second ones AI)

I quite like these clouds,. and the colors so far. much more to come.

NEW Version 1.2 is here; http://iterationgames.com/BlackBulletHell-debug.zip
it is an .apk file in a zipped folder,. . music now added.
Last edited by jph_wacheski on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iterationGAMES.com
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Not sure what you're looking for.
I get a white ball shooting machine gun balls about 3/4 inch. Get colored explosions when shooting larger black balls.
Only shoots vertical (12:00), but once it somehow got locked shooting at 1:30. Always shoots when touch.
"great expectations"
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

My bad! It should look something like these images,. just wondering if doing the screen clear myself works on all devices,. I suspect it should, however I recall some issues using it on some PC vid-cards.

There are some control instructions on the title screen;
( though you have to wait for them to cycle round )

one finger MOVE, two finger AIM
HOLD to fire, RELEASE to collect
collect PODSs to advance,..

same basic game play I always tend towards,. when I get the basics down I will add more interesting bits.
Attachments
bbh_1.png
bbh_1.png (231.88 KiB) Viewed 34884 times
bbh_2.png
bbh_2.png (212.62 KiB) Viewed 34884 times
iterationGAMES.com
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

You are right - the print was a bit too small for my eyes.

My immediate problem playing this is I need a manicure - fingernails don't conduct, and when you are holding the phone in one hand, positive connection of two fingers is hard, not to mention the flying elbow.

Tablet concept.
"great expectations"
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Updated the original posted file, I added the SunVox player and a couple test tracks, one for each level,. let me know if this is working on your devices. I had to put it on my site as there is a 1mb limit in the forum. (one of my tracks is an old FastTracker Mod using samples,.)

the music playback is perfect here, and am also still using the sounds from ZGE,. I was going to move them over to SunVox to jsut use one sound engine but perhaps it is ok to have both sound engines running?,. is working great on nexus 7 anyhow.

One issue is that when minimizing the app the music continues,. is there any hook currently in ZGE for when the app looses focus,. or what every they call in on android? I would stop the music playback if I could, as it is you have to manually swipe it off the recent apps list to kill the music. Otherwise it is working well,. I load two tracks, and play them on each respective level. More to come this is all tests still.
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Updated forum attachment limits to 10mb.

The game looks and sounds nice. I get some kind of strange graphical glitch where the screen contents is duplicated 4 times vertically at different alpha levels. Not sure what could cause that.

We should add an event for when the app loses focus so music can be turned off. I noticed this in Rado1s game too.

I am researching how to implement ES 2.0 at the moment. Hoping to get something going there soon.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Can I get a screen grab of the graphic glitch? I am doing the screen clearing,. to get some 'free' trail blur effects,. however if it is not going to work across most devices I may drop it. perhaps for some ES 2.0 tricks then,. .

If we can get a value from the "back" and "home" buttons, then we could toggle the music off when they are pressed,. as well as other options.

It is workable as is, I will just add a note about it in the help text. Interested so see what comes from the ES 2.0 resurch. cheers.
iterationGAMES.com
jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

I get some kind of strange graphical glitch where the screen contents is duplicated 4 times vertically at different alpha levels.
Yup, me too, btw, im unable to test new version :/ it is not running in my device anymore... (LowEnd Phone?)

Nice game! :)
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

jonaspm wrote:Yup, me too, btw, im unable to test new version :/ it is not running in my device anymore... (LowEnd Phone?)
An Android 2.2 device? ZGE supports 2.2 but SunVox requires 2.3 so this could be the reason it doesn't work.
jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

VilleK wrote:An Android 2.2 device? ZGE supports 2.2 but SunVox requires 2.3 so this could be the reason it doesn't work.
actually my phone has 2.3.7 (custom ROM) and i tried the game while running 4.1.2 (custom ROM).

I think ZGE needs high requirements... since the processor of my phone is only 800Mhz... ARMv6

isn´t that the reason?
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

A bit late to post in this thread perhaps, but how is this "ClearScreenMode!=0" effect achieved? It looks really neat on the screenshot. :)
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi Imerion,
Imerion wrote:A bit late to post in this thread perhaps, but how is this "ClearScreenMode!=0" effect achieved?
The ZApplication component has a ClearScreenMode property that disables clearing the primary frame-buffer when it's non-zero. In other words, when the property is set to for example 1 ( which is non-zero ), all rendering is done on top of what was previously on-screen. You can "abuse" this by clearing the screen yourself using a semi-transparent material to "dim" what was previously on-screen .. this gives you a motion-blur type effect.

If you're targeting OpenGL ES 2.0 / 2.0 ( or higher ) i'd recommend using a RenderTarget instead though.

Attached is a example.

K
Attachments
Clear.png
Clear.png (11.29 KiB) Viewed 33231 times
Clear.zgeproj
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 837 times