Interesting Delphi codes!

Do you want to contribute to improving ZGameEditor? Check out the list of open activities and find out where you may be able to help!

Moderator: Moderators

kattle87

Interesting Delphi codes!

Post by kattle87 »

I stumbled upon this:
http://www.jansfreeware.com/jfdelphi.htm

It's GOOD xD

This is quite old code but there are plenty of usefull things:
-A pico script interpreter/compiler (might be too much big)
-A library of 89 bitmap functions <- this is gonna be useful 8)
-TjanSAL, that might be a replacement for current scripting engine I think. Based on stack and with a postfix notation (It seems to me that also the current script engine makes use of stack, correct me if I'm wrong!)
-TjanScript another scripting implemented in Delphi but I don't know if this is too much big (source is 65 kb, but it surely could be cleaned up because it makes use of lots of components unneeded in games :)). Also this is stack based and makes use of postfix notation but if you have an expression parser this should not be a problem.

Give it a look!!!!!

Bye bye!
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

wow some cool stuff there,. not sure what can be used,. but;
TjanReplace is a smart find and replace component that can be used with any text editor. Features: pattern find and replace; up to 32 replacement parameters. Help file includes sample code for use with TmwCustomEdit.
It would be nice to have a find and replace in the expresion editor,.

and;
janFX is a library of 89 bitmap transformation routines like: rotate; smooth resize; filters; make seamless; buttonize; color, focus and light effects; fisheye and twist distortions; alpha blending; plasma and many more.
It would also be great to see more built in drawing functions,. although most things can likely be acheaved with good expresion writing in the current engine,. more desingers would be interested in ZGE if they where not required to write their own functions for things like blur and make seamless, etc..,
iterationGAMES.com